Kristy Lee Cook Landed a Recording Deal
Following the footsteps of her mates from the American Idol Seventh Season finalists David Cook and David Archuleta, Kristy Lee Cook has also landed a recording deal. The 24-year-old will be continuing her country dream by signing with 19 Recordings/Arista Nashville.
Revealing her excitement with the recording deal, Kristy told the press, "To have the chance to be a country singer, to make the music I love and to have enjoyed the support of so many American Idol fans this past season, it all means more than I can put into words." She then also thanked the label for the opportunity they have given her saying, "Thank you so much to everyone. I'll do my best to make you proud!"
The upcoming yet-to-be-titled record hasn't had an exact release date yet, but reports said that it will be outed this fall and will be produced by songwriter Brett James. Prior to her new album's release Kristy will first spawn the new LP's first single "15 Minutes of Shame" on August 11.
The new album, won't be the singer's first as she has already released a record titled "Devoted" in 2005 under the name Kristy Lee. The LP's selling reportedly wasn't going well before she joined the American Idol and until now the record is still available for purchase via iTunes.
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video
- Ryan Murphy Shares New 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Clue
- Topless Kylie Jenner Smokes Cigarette in Throwback Photo
- 'Preacher' 2.02 Sneak Peeks: Jesse Confronts the Saint of Killers
- Artist of the Week: Selena Gomez
- Fighting Over Karrueche? Chris Brown's Crew Allegedly Confronts Migos at BET Awards After-Party
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer