Kristy Lee Cook Landed a Recording Deal
Following the footsteps of her mates from the American Idol Seventh Season finalists David Cook and David Archuleta, Kristy Lee Cook has also landed a recording deal. The 24-year-old will be continuing her country dream by signing with 19 Recordings/Arista Nashville.
Revealing her excitement with the recording deal, Kristy told the press, "To have the chance to be a country singer, to make the music I love and to have enjoyed the support of so many American Idol fans this past season, it all means more than I can put into words." She then also thanked the label for the opportunity they have given her saying, "Thank you so much to everyone. I'll do my best to make you proud!"
The upcoming yet-to-be-titled record hasn't had an exact release date yet, but reports said that it will be outed this fall and will be produced by songwriter Brett James. Prior to her new album's release Kristy will first spawn the new LP's first single "15 Minutes of Shame" on August 11.
The new album, won't be the singer's first as she has already released a record titled "Devoted" in 2005 under the name Kristy Lee. The LP's selling reportedly wasn't going well before she joined the American Idol and until now the record is still available for purchase via iTunes.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!