Kristy Lee Cook Landed a Recording Deal
Following the footsteps of her mates from the American Idol Seventh Season finalists David Cook and David Archuleta, Kristy Lee Cook has also landed a recording deal. The 24-year-old will be continuing her country dream by signing with 19 Recordings/Arista Nashville.
Revealing her excitement with the recording deal, Kristy told the press, "To have the chance to be a country singer, to make the music I love and to have enjoyed the support of so many American Idol fans this past season, it all means more than I can put into words." She then also thanked the label for the opportunity they have given her saying, "Thank you so much to everyone. I'll do my best to make you proud!"
The upcoming yet-to-be-titled record hasn't had an exact release date yet, but reports said that it will be outed this fall and will be produced by songwriter Brett James. Prior to her new album's release Kristy will first spawn the new LP's first single "15 Minutes of Shame" on August 11.
The new album, won't be the singer's first as she has already released a record titled "Devoted" in 2005 under the name Kristy Lee. The LP's selling reportedly wasn't going well before she joined the American Idol and until now the record is still available for purchase via iTunes.
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer