Rapper Nas Lands Sneaker Deal with Fila
Is a popular rap artist, Nas sure knows how to cash in on his fame. The hip hop star, as reported by Billboard, has signed a one year endorsement deal with sneaker giant Fila which will see the company gives financial support for his upcoming album which has yet to be titled. The clothing brand, in addition, also offers financial support for his tour to promote the release of the LP.
Nas, in return, will have to wear Fila products and also co-create a new line inspired by late '80s fashion. No word yet on when the line will be made available on the market.
Speaking to Billboard, Nas said of the deal, "My best friend Will and I loved Fila. It represented prestige and everything that was cool to us. When Will passed, we buried him in a black Fila sweat suit, so doing a deal with them has a lot of significance for me." Fila president John Epstein added, "Nas isn't interested in selling out. He's interested in being true, and that fits with our brand."
Nas' forthcoming music effort won't be released until July 15, but the full and official track list for the set have been unveiled on June 27.
More Nas News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama