Rapper Nas Lands Sneaker Deal with Fila
Is a popular rap artist, Nas sure knows how to cash in on his fame. The hip hop star, as reported by Billboard, has signed a one year endorsement deal with sneaker giant Fila which will see the company gives financial support for his upcoming album which has yet to be titled. The clothing brand, in addition, also offers financial support for his tour to promote the release of the LP.
Nas, in return, will have to wear Fila products and also co-create a new line inspired by late '80s fashion. No word yet on when the line will be made available on the market.
Speaking to Billboard, Nas said of the deal, "My best friend Will and I loved Fila. It represented prestige and everything that was cool to us. When Will passed, we buried him in a black Fila sweat suit, so doing a deal with them has a lot of significance for me." Fila president John Epstein added, "Nas isn't interested in selling out. He's interested in being true, and that fits with our brand."
Nas' forthcoming music effort won't be released until July 15, but the full and official track list for the set have been unveiled on June 27.
More Nas News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'