Rapper Nas Lands Sneaker Deal with Fila
Is a popular rap artist, Nas sure knows how to cash in on his fame. The hip hop star, as reported by Billboard, has signed a one year endorsement deal with sneaker giant Fila which will see the company gives financial support for his upcoming album which has yet to be titled. The clothing brand, in addition, also offers financial support for his tour to promote the release of the LP.
Nas, in return, will have to wear Fila products and also co-create a new line inspired by late '80s fashion. No word yet on when the line will be made available on the market.
Speaking to Billboard, Nas said of the deal, "My best friend Will and I loved Fila. It represented prestige and everything that was cool to us. When Will passed, we buried him in a black Fila sweat suit, so doing a deal with them has a lot of significance for me." Fila president John Epstein added, "Nas isn't interested in selling out. He's interested in being true, and that fits with our brand."
Nas' forthcoming music effort won't be released until July 15, but the full and official track list for the set have been unveiled on June 27.
More Nas News
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass