Rapper Nas Lands Sneaker Deal with Fila
Is a popular rap artist, Nas sure knows how to cash in on his fame. The hip hop star, as reported by Billboard, has signed a one year endorsement deal with sneaker giant Fila which will see the company gives financial support for his upcoming album which has yet to be titled. The clothing brand, in addition, also offers financial support for his tour to promote the release of the LP.
Nas, in return, will have to wear Fila products and also co-create a new line inspired by late '80s fashion. No word yet on when the line will be made available on the market.
Speaking to Billboard, Nas said of the deal, "My best friend Will and I loved Fila. It represented prestige and everything that was cool to us. When Will passed, we buried him in a black Fila sweat suit, so doing a deal with them has a lot of significance for me." Fila president John Epstein added, "Nas isn't interested in selling out. He's interested in being true, and that fits with our brand."
Nas' forthcoming music effort won't be released until July 15, but the full and official track list for the set have been unveiled on June 27.
More Nas News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked