Rapper Nas Lands Sneaker Deal with Fila
Is a popular rap artist, Nas sure knows how to cash in on his fame. The hip hop star, as reported by Billboard, has signed a one year endorsement deal with sneaker giant Fila which will see the company gives financial support for his upcoming album which has yet to be titled. The clothing brand, in addition, also offers financial support for his tour to promote the release of the LP.
Nas, in return, will have to wear Fila products and also co-create a new line inspired by late '80s fashion. No word yet on when the line will be made available on the market.
Speaking to Billboard, Nas said of the deal, "My best friend Will and I loved Fila. It represented prestige and everything that was cool to us. When Will passed, we buried him in a black Fila sweat suit, so doing a deal with them has a lot of significance for me." Fila president John Epstein added, "Nas isn't interested in selling out. He's interested in being true, and that fits with our brand."
Nas' forthcoming music effort won't be released until July 15, but the full and official track list for the set have been unveiled on June 27.
More Nas News
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower