Pamela Anderson's 2000 Dodge Viper Raised 65,000 Dollar Cash for PETA
Remember the 2000 Dodge Viper belonged to Pamela Anderson which she willingly auctioned off to raise money in a bid to support her favorite animal cause, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)? The vehicle has been sold and raised $65,000 cash which according to the organization's spokesperson will be used to raise awareness about the cruel methods used to skin animals for fashionable accessories, including shoes, belts, and bags.
According to PETA, animals such as snakes and crocodiles whose exotic skins are popularly used in handbags and shoes, are often skinned alive, and suffer for hours or even days before being killed. When she was asked by E! News on why she decided to sell her favorite ride, Pammy explained, "I just realized I have too many things. I've had [my car] since my VIP days and barely drive it ... and it would go to much better use if PETA would benefit, so, in the spirit of giving everything away ... and helping others."
In addition to her 2000 Dodge Viper, Pammy previously also held an estate sale back in May, selling her designer clothing, jeans, shoes, jewelry, and antique toys among others with the money also benefited PETA.
Speaking about the cause, the actress said, "While I'm almost finished building my new home in an ecofriendly development back home in Canada, Vancouver Island, I'm between houses and just realized I don't need all these things. I'm very happy with my kids, traveling and camping out with family and friends. It's very freeing and exciting. It just feels good!"
More Pamela Anderson News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'