Talks of 'Batman 3' Begin, Gary Oldman Suggests New Villain
Though "The Dark Knight" is still weeks away from its theatrical debut, people have started talking about what will become of "Batman 3". From the latest interview with the cast of the highly anticipated superhero flick, it was suggested that the next Batman movie will either recast Joker or bring in a new villain with a tendency to the latter.
Revealing what he thought of the last movie from the supposed Batman trilogy, Lieutenant James Gordon's depicter Gary Oldman suggested that Batman is most likely to have a new enemy. "Maybe we don't need the Joker. Because we'll have The Riddler," so claimed the man who played Sirius Black in "Harry Potter" series. By stating Riddler, he means that the bat-themed superhero will be facing his other super villain who is obsessed with riddles, puzzles and word games. The evil character once made famous by Jim Carrey in "Batman Forever".
Additionally, while commenting on the possibility of Joker being recast in the third film, Oldman revealed that though he believes Heath Ledger has done a great job with Joker, it is possible that the evil character may get new depicter. "I don't see why not. I mean, they did it with Katie Holmes' character," he said. "I understand that this is a different circumstance, but I think another actor could do the job. I think Heath would want another actor to do the job."
"Dark Knight" is a sequel to the previous "Batman Begins" movie. It brings back Christian Bale as the famous billionaire/superhero and Christopher Nolan as the director. Supported by a league of talented Hollywood actors, like Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Aaron Eckhart and Maggie Gyllenhaal, the action-packed movie from Warner Bros. Pictures will be available in theaters on July 18.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture