'Hellboy 3' Targeting 2012 Release
"Hellboy II: The Golden Army" is still weeks away from its theatrical release, but the talks about the third movie have apparently begun. In an interview with "Hellboy" director Guillermo del Toro at the 34th Annual Saturn Awards in Los Angeles on Tuesday, June 24, it was revealed that the filmmakers behind the action adaptation movie have discussed about "Hellboy 3".
Unveiling the plan for another follow-up movie for the big and red superhero, del Toro confessed that he might tackle the work after he is finished with his J.R.R. Tolkien's adaptation project, "The Hobbit". It means that the third film might come out in 2012. When talking to Collider about the matter, the filmmaker of "Pan's Labyrinth" theorized that since "Hellboy" was released in 2004 and its sequel gets 2008 screening, the third installment should come in four years time. The video interview can be watched below or via Collider.
Coming to theaters on July 11, "The Golden Army" presents once again Ron Perlman as Hellboy as the superhero tackles other mystical creatures which threatened the solemnity of human world. The action fantasy film is directed and scripted by del Toro and supported by Selma Blair, Doug Jones, James Dodd, John Alexander and Luke Goss.
Guillermo del Toro Talks "Hellboy 3":
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors