'Hellboy 3' Targeting 2012 Release
"Hellboy II: The Golden Army" is still weeks away from its theatrical release, but the talks about the third movie have apparently begun. In an interview with "Hellboy" director Guillermo del Toro at the 34th Annual Saturn Awards in Los Angeles on Tuesday, June 24, it was revealed that the filmmakers behind the action adaptation movie have discussed about "Hellboy 3".
Unveiling the plan for another follow-up movie for the big and red superhero, del Toro confessed that he might tackle the work after he is finished with his J.R.R. Tolkien's adaptation project, "The Hobbit". It means that the third film might come out in 2012. When talking to Collider about the matter, the filmmaker of "Pan's Labyrinth" theorized that since "Hellboy" was released in 2004 and its sequel gets 2008 screening, the third installment should come in four years time. The video interview can be watched below or via Collider.
Coming to theaters on July 11, "The Golden Army" presents once again Ron Perlman as Hellboy as the superhero tackles other mystical creatures which threatened the solemnity of human world. The action fantasy film is directed and scripted by del Toro and supported by Selma Blair, Doug Jones, James Dodd, John Alexander and Luke Goss.
Guillermo del Toro Talks "Hellboy 3":
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd