No Joke, Madonna Seeking Legal Advice to End Marriage to Guy Ritchie
Could it be true that Madonna really is seeking divorce from her husband of nearly eight years Guy Ritchie? The split rumors which have been swirling around the couple are hard to be stopped with the latest mentions that the music diva already sought legal advice from Fiona Shackleton, the same lawyer who handled Paul McCartney's divorce case, to end her marriage to Ritchie.
U.K. newspaper The Times reported on Thursday, June 26 that Madonna has hired Fiona, famous as the divorce lawyer to the famous and the rich, after initial talks with a rival law firm fell through. A spokesperson for the star refused to comment to the Times' report.
Much contrary to Madonna, Ritchie reportedly has been consulting with Forsters, a lesser-known London law firm which somehow has "a good reputation in matrimonial law," the Times claimed. For, further record on Madonna and Ritchie's much reported split, the publication claimed they did not have a prenuptial agreement which could potentially lead to a 50-50 split of assets.
Madonna, who reportedly met Fiona for a preliminary meeting in April, is believed to be worth about $600 million.
Fiona is an English solicitor who's famous for representing members of the British Royal Family and celebrities in their high-profile divorce cases. Her charm and resoluteness, plus her blonde looks, have earned her the nickname of Steel Magnolia.
In addition to representing McCartney's divorce to Heather Mills, she also acted for the Prince of Wales, Prince Charles, in his divorce with the late Princess Diana.
More Madonna News
- Officially Back On? Kylie Jenner Tags Tyga on Her Booty In This Instagram Photo
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?