No Joke, Madonna Seeking Legal Advice to End Marriage to Guy Ritchie
Could it be true that Madonna really is seeking divorce from her husband of nearly eight years Guy Ritchie? The split rumors which have been swirling around the couple are hard to be stopped with the latest mentions that the music diva already sought legal advice from Fiona Shackleton, the same lawyer who handled Paul McCartney's divorce case, to end her marriage to Ritchie.
U.K. newspaper The Times reported on Thursday, June 26 that Madonna has hired Fiona, famous as the divorce lawyer to the famous and the rich, after initial talks with a rival law firm fell through. A spokesperson for the star refused to comment to the Times' report.
Much contrary to Madonna, Ritchie reportedly has been consulting with Forsters, a lesser-known London law firm which somehow has "a good reputation in matrimonial law," the Times claimed. For, further record on Madonna and Ritchie's much reported split, the publication claimed they did not have a prenuptial agreement which could potentially lead to a 50-50 split of assets.
Madonna, who reportedly met Fiona for a preliminary meeting in April, is believed to be worth about $600 million.
Fiona is an English solicitor who's famous for representing members of the British Royal Family and celebrities in their high-profile divorce cases. Her charm and resoluteness, plus her blonde looks, have earned her the nickname of Steel Magnolia.
In addition to representing McCartney's divorce to Heather Mills, she also acted for the Prince of Wales, Prince Charles, in his divorce with the late Princess Diana.
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion