Miley Cyrus Aims New Clip to Attack Her Ex
Waiting for the premiere of her music video for "7 Things" on June 28, teen idol Miley Cyrus told to the public that she hopes the clip could send a vivid message to her ex about the song's meaning. Speaking with Ryan Seacrest in an interview, Miley said that she expects that the man who broke her heart will call her after seeing the clip.
Revealing her intention to the American Idol host, Miley was quoted as saying, "I wanted them (sic) to be upset. That was my point. Maybe after my video we'll hear from somebody, because it's pretty honest." Commenting about the writing process of the song the pop star said that it was "a good little therapy moment The word hate could describe how angry I was. That's Miley going through, like, 900 emotions while I'm trying to write a song."
Moreover, Miley also explained that the clip, that was directed by renown Hollywood director Brett Ratner, will also feature other broken-hearted girls beside her by using the song's lyrics to attack their boyfriends. "Almost every girl in America could say, at one point, they hate their ex or current boyfriend," the singer/actress said.
"7 Things" itself is being set as the first single from the teen singer's upcoming sophomore effort "Breakout", set to due on July 22. The single was first debuted on Radio Disney on May 12, before then released on digital format via iTunes on June 17.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival