Miley Cyrus Aims New Clip to Attack Her Ex
Waiting for the premiere of her music video for "7 Things" on June 28, teen idol Miley Cyrus told to the public that she hopes the clip could send a vivid message to her ex about the song's meaning. Speaking with Ryan Seacrest in an interview, Miley said that she expects that the man who broke her heart will call her after seeing the clip.
Revealing her intention to the American Idol host, Miley was quoted as saying, "I wanted them (sic) to be upset. That was my point. Maybe after my video we'll hear from somebody, because it's pretty honest." Commenting about the writing process of the song the pop star said that it was "a good little therapy moment The word hate could describe how angry I was. That's Miley going through, like, 900 emotions while I'm trying to write a song."
Moreover, Miley also explained that the clip, that was directed by renown Hollywood director Brett Ratner, will also feature other broken-hearted girls beside her by using the song's lyrics to attack their boyfriends. "Almost every girl in America could say, at one point, they hate their ex or current boyfriend," the singer/actress said.
"7 Things" itself is being set as the first single from the teen singer's upcoming sophomore effort "Breakout", set to due on July 22. The single was first debuted on Radio Disney on May 12, before then released on digital format via iTunes on June 17.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her
- Video Premiere: Chris Brown's 'Grass Ain't Greener'
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'