Fresh From 'Sex', Sarah Jessica Parker Sets Eyes on 'Ivy'
Back in late May, Sarah Jessica Parker has stunned box office watchers when her highly anticipated movie "Sex and the City" exceeded everyone's expectation and pulled in an amazing $56.8 million over its first weekend screening. Less than a month following that, the 43-year-old actress apparently is ready to move on with another movie role.
In recent report, the wife of actor Matthew Broderick is said to be involved in a negotiation with Warner Bros. Pictures for a titular role in "The Ivy Chronicles". If the talks go through, the co-star of Dennis Quaid and Ellen Page in "Smart People" is more likely to play Ivy Ames, an Upper East Side woman who has to start all over again in a downtown apartment after she loses her high-powered job and goes through a divorce.
Based on Karen Quinn's novel of the same name, "Ivy Chronicled" has been described to be having similar tone as "The Devil Wears Prada" and "The Nanny Diaries" as well as Gigi Levangie Grazer's "The Starter Wife". It will be produced by Jerry Weintraub, while the script of the dramedy will be provided by Stan Zimmerman and James Berg.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie