Fresh From 'Sex', Sarah Jessica Parker Sets Eyes on 'Ivy'
Back in late May, Sarah Jessica Parker has stunned box office watchers when her highly anticipated movie "Sex and the City" exceeded everyone's expectation and pulled in an amazing $56.8 million over its first weekend screening. Less than a month following that, the 43-year-old actress apparently is ready to move on with another movie role.
In recent report, the wife of actor Matthew Broderick is said to be involved in a negotiation with Warner Bros. Pictures for a titular role in "The Ivy Chronicles". If the talks go through, the co-star of Dennis Quaid and Ellen Page in "Smart People" is more likely to play Ivy Ames, an Upper East Side woman who has to start all over again in a downtown apartment after she loses her high-powered job and goes through a divorce.
Based on Karen Quinn's novel of the same name, "Ivy Chronicled" has been described to be having similar tone as "The Devil Wears Prada" and "The Nanny Diaries" as well as Gigi Levangie Grazer's "The Starter Wife". It will be produced by Jerry Weintraub, while the script of the dramedy will be provided by Stan Zimmerman and James Berg.
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young