Fresh From 'Sex', Sarah Jessica Parker Sets Eyes on 'Ivy'
Back in late May, Sarah Jessica Parker has stunned box office watchers when her highly anticipated movie "Sex and the City" exceeded everyone's expectation and pulled in an amazing $56.8 million over its first weekend screening. Less than a month following that, the 43-year-old actress apparently is ready to move on with another movie role.
In recent report, the wife of actor Matthew Broderick is said to be involved in a negotiation with Warner Bros. Pictures for a titular role in "The Ivy Chronicles". If the talks go through, the co-star of Dennis Quaid and Ellen Page in "Smart People" is more likely to play Ivy Ames, an Upper East Side woman who has to start all over again in a downtown apartment after she loses her high-powered job and goes through a divorce.
Based on Karen Quinn's novel of the same name, "Ivy Chronicled" has been described to be having similar tone as "The Devil Wears Prada" and "The Nanny Diaries" as well as Gigi Levangie Grazer's "The Starter Wife". It will be produced by Jerry Weintraub, while the script of the dramedy will be provided by Stan Zimmerman and James Berg.
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance
- John Boyega Shares Final 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Set Photo as Filming Wraps
- Braless Gigi Hadid Flaunts Nipples and Major Underboob in Ripped Crop Top - See the Steamy Pic
- Emmy Rossum's House Was Burglarized, $150,000 Worth of Jewelry Were Stolen
- 'DWTS': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Gets Surgery After Calf Injury, He Won't Be in Next Week's Episode
- Bootylicious! Kristin Cavallari Shares NSFW Instagram Pic of Husband Jay Cutler