Fresh From 'Sex', Sarah Jessica Parker Sets Eyes on 'Ivy'
Back in late May, Sarah Jessica Parker has stunned box office watchers when her highly anticipated movie "Sex and the City" exceeded everyone's expectation and pulled in an amazing $56.8 million over its first weekend screening. Less than a month following that, the 43-year-old actress apparently is ready to move on with another movie role.
In recent report, the wife of actor Matthew Broderick is said to be involved in a negotiation with Warner Bros. Pictures for a titular role in "The Ivy Chronicles". If the talks go through, the co-star of Dennis Quaid and Ellen Page in "Smart People" is more likely to play Ivy Ames, an Upper East Side woman who has to start all over again in a downtown apartment after she loses her high-powered job and goes through a divorce.
Based on Karen Quinn's novel of the same name, "Ivy Chronicled" has been described to be having similar tone as "The Devil Wears Prada" and "The Nanny Diaries" as well as Gigi Levangie Grazer's "The Starter Wife". It will be produced by Jerry Weintraub, while the script of the dramedy will be provided by Stan Zimmerman and James Berg.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media