Blake Lewis Dropped From His Label
American Idol 6th season runner-up, Blake Lewis is facing a big problem regarding his music career as latest report stated that the he has been dropped by his current label Arista Records. The media claim that the poor sales of his latest album "Audio Day Dream", which has reached 300,000 copies until this date, was the main reason behind the drop.
Confirming the news, a representative from Sony BMG, Arista Records partner company, said in a statement "Arista Records will not be picking up Blake's option and we wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors." Although having been ditched by his company, Blake is still under a full management of 19 Recordings, the company owned by the Idol's producer Simon Fuller.
Beside the announcement from the label, Blake himself previously has already confirmed on an interview earlier this month, that he won't be continuing his courtship with Arista. Moreover, on the interview that was done with Internet radio show Maximum Threshold, Blake also stated that he actually never wanted to sign with a major label, but by grabbing the runner-up position on the Idol he was required to sign the deal.
Blake himself is not the only former Idol favorite that has lost a contract deal, as previously there are also the likes of Taylor Hicks, Katharine McPhee and also Ruben Studdard who also suffered the same thing. Meanwhile, the currently successful former Idols that are still going strong with their album's sale are , Chris Daughtry, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama