Blake Lewis Dropped From His Label
American Idol 6th season runner-up, Blake Lewis is facing a big problem regarding his music career as latest report stated that the he has been dropped by his current label Arista Records. The media claim that the poor sales of his latest album "Audio Day Dream", which has reached 300,000 copies until this date, was the main reason behind the drop.
Confirming the news, a representative from Sony BMG, Arista Records partner company, said in a statement "Arista Records will not be picking up Blake's option and we wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors." Although having been ditched by his company, Blake is still under a full management of 19 Recordings, the company owned by the Idol's producer Simon Fuller.
Beside the announcement from the label, Blake himself previously has already confirmed on an interview earlier this month, that he won't be continuing his courtship with Arista. Moreover, on the interview that was done with Internet radio show Maximum Threshold, Blake also stated that he actually never wanted to sign with a major label, but by grabbing the runner-up position on the Idol he was required to sign the deal.
Blake himself is not the only former Idol favorite that has lost a contract deal, as previously there are also the likes of Taylor Hicks, Katharine McPhee and also Ruben Studdard who also suffered the same thing. Meanwhile, the currently successful former Idols that are still going strong with their album's sale are , Chris Daughtry, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture