Coldplay Secure Top Spot on Billboard Hot 200
Coldplay's new LP "Viva la Vida" has finally confirmed its top spot on the Billboard chart this week after managing to sell in total of 721,000 copies on its first week. This past weekend, the rockers' new LP has been tapped by many to overthrow previous chart topper, Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III", who dropped one place to #2.
This achievement matches the success of their previous record "X&Y", which was released in 2005, that also debuted at #1 on the U.S. albums chart. Although "Viva la Vida" managed to reprise "X&Y" chart topping success, the latest LP's sale is still behind the previous one as the 2005 set was sold about 737,000 on its first week.
Following Coldplay and Wayne, at #3 is another debut, which comes from the soundtrack of TV Movie "Camp Rock" featuring Jonas Brothers. The #4 position this week is being claimed by the compilation hit songs "Now 28", which drops one spot from its previous #3 position last week.
Plies' new record "Definition of Real" also slips 2-5, while Usher's "Here I Stand" also drops one step from 5 to 6. At #7 comes Rihanna with her repackaged edition "Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded" followed by Disturbed's "Indestructible" which slips again this week 4-8. Katy Perry holds this week's 9th position with her debut LP "One of the Boys" and The Offspring take the final spot on the top ten chart with their latest record "Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace".
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?