Soul Diva Jill Scott Confirmed Engagement to Drummer Lil' John Roberts
It's official, Jill Scott is engaged. The R&B singer, who's often addressed as soul diva, is engaged to Lil' John Roberts, the drummer in her band.
Jill was singing "He Loves Me (Lyzel In E Flat)" at a concert in Carnegie Hall, Scott on Friday, June 20 when Roberts suddenly presented her with a bouquet of flowers and a kiss. She then made public the news, telling their engagement to the crowd who then gave her wild cheers and applause.
Jill after that went on performing for the audience.
Jill divorced her husband Lyzel Williams, a graphic artist and DJ, last year after five years of marriage.
In other Jill news, she was among the famous music stars appeared at BET Awards pre-party Monday, June 23 at Vibiana, a majestic church built in 1876.
- Rob Kardashian Ready to Find Love on New Reality Show After Blac Chyna Split
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne