Soul Diva Jill Scott Confirmed Engagement to Drummer Lil' John Roberts
It's official, Jill Scott is engaged. The R&B singer, who's often addressed as soul diva, is engaged to Lil' John Roberts, the drummer in her band.
Jill was singing "He Loves Me (Lyzel In E Flat)" at a concert in Carnegie Hall, Scott on Friday, June 20 when Roberts suddenly presented her with a bouquet of flowers and a kiss. She then made public the news, telling their engagement to the crowd who then gave her wild cheers and applause.
Jill after that went on performing for the audience.
Jill divorced her husband Lyzel Williams, a graphic artist and DJ, last year after five years of marriage.
In other Jill news, she was among the famous music stars appeared at BET Awards pre-party Monday, June 23 at Vibiana, a majestic church built in 1876.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation