Soul Diva Jill Scott Confirmed Engagement to Drummer Lil' John Roberts
It's official, Jill Scott is engaged. The R&B singer, who's often addressed as soul diva, is engaged to Lil' John Roberts, the drummer in her band.
Jill was singing "He Loves Me (Lyzel In E Flat)" at a concert in Carnegie Hall, Scott on Friday, June 20 when Roberts suddenly presented her with a bouquet of flowers and a kiss. She then made public the news, telling their engagement to the crowd who then gave her wild cheers and applause.
Jill after that went on performing for the audience.
Jill divorced her husband Lyzel Williams, a graphic artist and DJ, last year after five years of marriage.
In other Jill news, she was among the famous music stars appeared at BET Awards pre-party Monday, June 23 at Vibiana, a majestic church built in 1876.
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson