Soul Diva Jill Scott Confirmed Engagement to Drummer Lil' John Roberts
It's official, Jill Scott is engaged. The R&B singer, who's often addressed as soul diva, is engaged to Lil' John Roberts, the drummer in her band.
Jill was singing "He Loves Me (Lyzel In E Flat)" at a concert in Carnegie Hall, Scott on Friday, June 20 when Roberts suddenly presented her with a bouquet of flowers and a kiss. She then made public the news, telling their engagement to the crowd who then gave her wild cheers and applause.
Jill after that went on performing for the audience.
Jill divorced her husband Lyzel Williams, a graphic artist and DJ, last year after five years of marriage.
In other Jill news, she was among the famous music stars appeared at BET Awards pre-party Monday, June 23 at Vibiana, a majestic church built in 1876.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent