Oasis Set New Album's Release Date, Picked First Single
After committing their future by signing a three albums marketing deal with Sony BMG, Oasis finally revealed the details about their new studio album. The English rockers have announced the title and release date for their new LP.
On their official website the band stated that their seventh studio set will be titled "Dig Out Your Soul" and it is being scheduled to hit the stores on October 6. Beside announcing their new set's title and release date, the rockers also confirm that "The Shock Of The Lightning" will be first single from the new record and it will be spawned on September 29.
Revealing about the songs that the band make for the new LP, the band's frontman Noel Gallagher said, "I wanted to write music that had a groove; not songs that followed that traditional pattern of verse, chorus and middle eight. I wanted a sound that was more hypnotic; more driving. Songs that would draw you in, in a different way. Songs that you would maybe have to connect to - to feel."
Meanwhile, speaking about their first single Noel stated, "If 'The Shock Of The Lightning' sounds instant and compelling to you, it's because it was written dead fast. And recorded dead fast. 'The Shock of The Lightning' basically is the demo. And it has retained its energy. And there's a lot to be said for that, I think. The first time you record something is always the best."
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered