Possible Story Details of Roland Emmerich's '2012' Outed
In summer of 2009, "2012 (2009)", another epic movie from the man who has delivered blockbusters movies, such as "Independence Day" and "The Day After Tomorrow", will be screened in various theaters across the country. Still, the movie is said earlier to only tell about a global catastrophe and heroic struggles of the survivors without any further elaboration. Now, a more detailed story containing major spoilers has leaked out.
Posted in an article by Latino Review, the story reportedly begins in the year of 2009 when an American scientist, Professor West, rushes to a research facility in India to meet his colleague, Satnam, who has found out that there have been severe storms on the surface of the sun which are affecting the Earth in a very dangerous way. With that in mind, the professor then contacts his friend Adrian Helmsley, who happens to be a young scientific advisor to U.S. President Wilson, to inform him of the findings. But, the attempt fails.
Fast forwarding to 2010, President Wilson is now aware of the grave situation and calls on a private meeting with other prominent world leaders to spread out the news. The year to follow shows the works done by the key people, including Wilson's daughter, Laura, in facing the imminent. Then, 2012 comes and the signs of doom have built up little by little with mini earthquakes across the west coast, but ordinary people still do what they do everyday not knowing what will happen.
Here, other characters are introduced. First is Jackson Curtis, a chauffer and aspiring novelist. He rushes to the house of Kate, his ex-wife, to pick up his two young children, Lilly and Noah, and bring them to a camping trip in Yellowstone National Park. Then comes Harry, an elderly jazz musician boarding a cruise ship in San Fransisco. The complete story can be read through Latino Review.
The Columbia Pictures' tidbit directed, co-produced and co-written by Roland Emmerich stars John Cusack, Amanda Peet, Thandie Newton, Danny Glover, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Oliver Platt. It is set to be released on July 10, 2009.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences