Celine Dion's Rock Effort Voted the Worst Cover Song Ever
Celine Dion's cover song has just been voted as the worst cover version sung by professional musicians according to a poll at Total Magazine. The song, that is being considered by the magazine as a "musical offense", was Celine's cover of legendary rockers AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long".
The pop diva's cover of AC/DC was never actually released as a single, but it was performed by Celine along with Anastacia at a gig in Las Vegas in 2002. Stating the reason that makes the singer's version of "You Shook Me All Night" is the worst ever, Total Guitar's editor, Stephen Lawson said, "The number one worst cover song -- Celine Dion covering AC/DC -- is sacrilege. The best covers are unlikely choices and they do something radical."
Beside Celine, there are other famous names that also join the diva at the top list of worst cover songs. Behind the pop singer at #2 is Sugababes' own version of Aerosmith's collaboration with Run DMC "Walk this Way", while Westlife takes the #3 position for their version of Extreme's "More Than Words".
Meanwhile, for the best cover songs ever, the magazine picked Jimi Hendrix's cover of Bob Dylan's "All Along The Watchtower' at #1, followed by The Beatles' version of The Top Notes' "Twist And Shout" at #2. Guns N' Roses also make the top list of best cover songs at #3, for their good effort on covering Wings' "Live And Let Die".
More Celine Dion News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'