Celine Dion's Rock Effort Voted the Worst Cover Song Ever
Celine Dion's cover song has just been voted as the worst cover version sung by professional musicians according to a poll at Total Magazine. The song, that is being considered by the magazine as a "musical offense", was Celine's cover of legendary rockers AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long".
The pop diva's cover of AC/DC was never actually released as a single, but it was performed by Celine along with Anastacia at a gig in Las Vegas in 2002. Stating the reason that makes the singer's version of "You Shook Me All Night" is the worst ever, Total Guitar's editor, Stephen Lawson said, "The number one worst cover song -- Celine Dion covering AC/DC -- is sacrilege. The best covers are unlikely choices and they do something radical."
Beside Celine, there are other famous names that also join the diva at the top list of worst cover songs. Behind the pop singer at #2 is Sugababes' own version of Aerosmith's collaboration with Run DMC "Walk this Way", while Westlife takes the #3 position for their version of Extreme's "More Than Words".
Meanwhile, for the best cover songs ever, the magazine picked Jimi Hendrix's cover of Bob Dylan's "All Along The Watchtower' at #1, followed by The Beatles' version of The Top Notes' "Twist And Shout" at #2. Guns N' Roses also make the top list of best cover songs at #3, for their good effort on covering Wings' "Live And Let Die".
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off