Leona Lewis Charged 2 Million Dollar for Personal Shows
Leona Lewis' success with her debut album "Spirit", not only putting her name among the top musicians list this year but also has raised her fee charges. Latest report in England stated that Leona will be paid about $2 Million for any of her performances.
The news surfaced after a source told the British newspaper, The Daily Mirror, that Leona has been offered $2 Million to play at a small and private gig. Revealing the news to the tabloid, the source said, "Leona is one of the most sought after stars around. She has little say in the fee charges - big money sponsors literally name their fee and her management respond accordingly."
Moreover, the source also stated that despite Leona will be receiving lots of money, she will not use it for her own benefits as she also plans to donate some of the cash for charities. "She is adamant much of the profit goes straight back to her favorite charities," the source said.
Leona's $2 Million fees reportedly has put her name on the same league as legendary musician Paul McCartney, who also charged the same amount of fees for his performance.
In other news, beside planning to play at the expensive private gig, Leona reportedly will also play in some major concerts this year. The pop singer has been tapped to play at Nelson Mandela's 90th birthday concert, to be held on on June 27 at Hyde Park, London. Not only that, the pop sensation has also been chosen to sing at the closing ceremony of the 2008 Beijing Olympics on August 24.
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police
- Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel Reunite to Cover Classic 'High School Musical' Song
- Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
- Hailey Baldwin Goes Braless for Maxim as She's Dubbed the World's Sexiest Woman
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 2: And the Winner of Season 12 Is....
- Kim Kardashian Faces Backlash Over Insensitive Tribute to Manchester Attack Victims
- Future Enlists Kendrick Lamar on 'Mask Off' Remix - Listen
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown