'Wanted' Kicked Off 2008 Los Angeles Film Festival With World Premiere
The sci-fi flick by Russian director Timur Bekmambetov, "Wanted (2008)", has been given with the honor to open the 2008 Los Angeles Film Festival and what better way to celebrate it than rolling down the red carpet to mark its first special screening. On Thursday, June 19, it officially kicked off the festival with its world premiere event at Mann's Village Theater in Westwood, California.
Whilst some of its stars, especially Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman were nowhere to be seen, the premiere was still worth to be noted with the attendance of the film's leading man James McAvoy and director Bekmambetov as well as the comic book's creator Mark Millar. The special event also saw Terence Stamp, Thomas Kretschmann, Anne-Marie Duff, Lori Petty and many others.
On other "Wanted" report, a couple of new extended clips has come out and adding to the excitement one other restricted clip has also been put out. One of the clips entitled "Get Out of the Way" can be seen below. It shows the scene where McAvoy's character fights off the bad guy in a moving train while Jolie's chases the train using a car. The other extended clip which exposes Mr. X being killed on top of the roof top can be watched via Empire Online. Lastly, the restricted clip is available in its official site and those who want to see it have to get pass the age gate first.
Coming into theaters in about a week on June 27, "Wanted" is based on Millar's comic book series of the same title. It follows the story of Wesley Gibson, a young man whose lousy life is changed into a thrilling and deathly adventures after he is recruited by a secret assassins society, the Fraternity. The Universal Pictures' tidbit is produced using the script written by Mark Millar, Derek Haas and Chris Morgan.
Extended Clip - "Get Out of the Way":
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent