'Wanted' Kicked Off 2008 Los Angeles Film Festival With World Premiere
The sci-fi flick by Russian director Timur Bekmambetov, "Wanted (2008)", has been given with the honor to open the 2008 Los Angeles Film Festival and what better way to celebrate it than rolling down the red carpet to mark its first special screening. On Thursday, June 19, it officially kicked off the festival with its world premiere event at Mann's Village Theater in Westwood, California.
Whilst some of its stars, especially Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman were nowhere to be seen, the premiere was still worth to be noted with the attendance of the film's leading man James McAvoy and director Bekmambetov as well as the comic book's creator Mark Millar. The special event also saw Terence Stamp, Thomas Kretschmann, Anne-Marie Duff, Lori Petty and many others.
On other "Wanted" report, a couple of new extended clips has come out and adding to the excitement one other restricted clip has also been put out. One of the clips entitled "Get Out of the Way" can be seen below. It shows the scene where McAvoy's character fights off the bad guy in a moving train while Jolie's chases the train using a car. The other extended clip which exposes Mr. X being killed on top of the roof top can be watched via Empire Online. Lastly, the restricted clip is available in its official site and those who want to see it have to get pass the age gate first.
Coming into theaters in about a week on June 27, "Wanted" is based on Millar's comic book series of the same title. It follows the story of Wesley Gibson, a young man whose lousy life is changed into a thrilling and deathly adventures after he is recruited by a secret assassins society, the Fraternity. The Universal Pictures' tidbit is produced using the script written by Mark Millar, Derek Haas and Chris Morgan.
Extended Clip - "Get Out of the Way":
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture