Janet Jackson Tapped by MTV for New Reality Series
Pop diva Janet Jackson can finally leave her disappointment over her label's decision on not doing more promotion for her latest LP "Discipline" as she reportedly has inked a new deal with MTV. Latest report said that Janet has been tapped by the music channel to work on a new reality music project.
The upcoming project's goal is to find new singers that can also dance, just like Janet, Justin Timberlake and Usher. Revealing the details of the upcoming project, the show's executive producer David Broome, told the press, "It's really about finding who's the next Janet Jackson or Justin Timberlake or Usher.
Moreover, David also stated that the new show will have an unconventional method of finding for the new pop stars. "We'll find it from a pool of people who you wouldn't typically find it from. We'll go to YMCAs, church groups, local community centers and try to cast the show," he said.
Meanwhile, on the yet-to-be-titled new show, produced by 25/7 Productions, Janet will be featured as the mentor for the selected singers and dancers. The singers' new project with MTV proves that recent rumors stating that she was being black-listed by the music channel after an embarrassing and infamous incident at the 2004 Superbowl was a false one.
Janet herself is currently preparing herself to hit the road in the promotion for "Discipline". The diva will be starting her world tour in Vancouver, Canada on September 10.
More Janet Jackson News
- Azealia Banks Unveils 'So Ghetto' Freestyle, RZA Sides With Russell Crowe After Record Deal Canceled
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!