Janet Jackson Tapped by MTV for New Reality Series
Pop diva Janet Jackson can finally leave her disappointment over her label's decision on not doing more promotion for her latest LP "Discipline" as she reportedly has inked a new deal with MTV. Latest report said that Janet has been tapped by the music channel to work on a new reality music project.
The upcoming project's goal is to find new singers that can also dance, just like Janet, Justin Timberlake and Usher. Revealing the details of the upcoming project, the show's executive producer David Broome, told the press, "It's really about finding who's the next Janet Jackson or Justin Timberlake or Usher.
Moreover, David also stated that the new show will have an unconventional method of finding for the new pop stars. "We'll find it from a pool of people who you wouldn't typically find it from. We'll go to YMCAs, church groups, local community centers and try to cast the show," he said.
Meanwhile, on the yet-to-be-titled new show, produced by 25/7 Productions, Janet will be featured as the mentor for the selected singers and dancers. The singers' new project with MTV proves that recent rumors stating that she was being black-listed by the music channel after an embarrassing and infamous incident at the 2004 Superbowl was a false one.
Janet herself is currently preparing herself to hit the road in the promotion for "Discipline". The diva will be starting her world tour in Vancouver, Canada on September 10.
More Janet Jackson News
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'