Janet Jackson Tapped by MTV for New Reality Series
Pop diva Janet Jackson can finally leave her disappointment over her label's decision on not doing more promotion for her latest LP "Discipline" as she reportedly has inked a new deal with MTV. Latest report said that Janet has been tapped by the music channel to work on a new reality music project.
The upcoming project's goal is to find new singers that can also dance, just like Janet, Justin Timberlake and Usher. Revealing the details of the upcoming project, the show's executive producer David Broome, told the press, "It's really about finding who's the next Janet Jackson or Justin Timberlake or Usher.
Moreover, David also stated that the new show will have an unconventional method of finding for the new pop stars. "We'll find it from a pool of people who you wouldn't typically find it from. We'll go to YMCAs, church groups, local community centers and try to cast the show," he said.
Meanwhile, on the yet-to-be-titled new show, produced by 25/7 Productions, Janet will be featured as the mentor for the selected singers and dancers. The singers' new project with MTV proves that recent rumors stating that she was being black-listed by the music channel after an embarrassing and infamous incident at the 2004 Superbowl was a false one.
Janet herself is currently preparing herself to hit the road in the promotion for "Discipline". The diva will be starting her world tour in Vancouver, Canada on September 10.
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer