Neil Patrick Harris and Kristin Chenoweth to Announce Primetime Emmy Noms
It's not until September later this year that the 60th annual Primetime Emmy Awards will be held, but an announcement has been made that Neil Patrick Harris and actress Kristin Chenoweth have been tapped to unveil the awards nominees. Both stars thus will be on hand announcing the nominees for the awards festive, along with John Shaffner, the chairman and CEO of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
The announcement is scheduled to take place on Thursday, July 17 at 5:40 A.M. PDT at the TV Academy in North Hollywood, Calif. The actual awards ceremony itself is set to take place on September 21 and will be broadcast on ABC.
The Primetime Emmy Awards are awards presented by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences in recognition of excellence in American primetime television programming. There are still weeks before the nominees are announced, but a stir has been surrounding the awards event as there are at least two actresses already withdrew their names from contention.
Katherine Heigl publicly pulled out her name from the annual awards' contenders list last week, put the blame on the writers of her hit TV show "Grey's Anatomy" for her withdrawal. Lindsay Lohan revealed earlier this week she also dropped out of Emmy race in a bid to increase her chances next year after more guest appearances on "Ugly Betty." "The appearance was brief," a representative for Lohan explained. "We made a decision to wait."
More Neil Patrick Harris News
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle