Neil Patrick Harris and Kristin Chenoweth to Announce Primetime Emmy Noms
It's not until September later this year that the 60th annual Primetime Emmy Awards will be held, but an announcement has been made that Neil Patrick Harris and actress Kristin Chenoweth have been tapped to unveil the awards nominees. Both stars thus will be on hand announcing the nominees for the awards festive, along with John Shaffner, the chairman and CEO of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
The announcement is scheduled to take place on Thursday, July 17 at 5:40 A.M. PDT at the TV Academy in North Hollywood, Calif. The actual awards ceremony itself is set to take place on September 21 and will be broadcast on ABC.
The Primetime Emmy Awards are awards presented by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences in recognition of excellence in American primetime television programming. There are still weeks before the nominees are announced, but a stir has been surrounding the awards event as there are at least two actresses already withdrew their names from contention.
Katherine Heigl publicly pulled out her name from the annual awards' contenders list last week, put the blame on the writers of her hit TV show "Grey's Anatomy" for her withdrawal. Lindsay Lohan revealed earlier this week she also dropped out of Emmy race in a bid to increase her chances next year after more guest appearances on "Ugly Betty." "The appearance was brief," a representative for Lohan explained. "We made a decision to wait."
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake