Neil Patrick Harris and Kristin Chenoweth to Announce Primetime Emmy Noms
It's not until September later this year that the 60th annual Primetime Emmy Awards will be held, but an announcement has been made that Neil Patrick Harris and actress Kristin Chenoweth have been tapped to unveil the awards nominees. Both stars thus will be on hand announcing the nominees for the awards festive, along with John Shaffner, the chairman and CEO of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
The announcement is scheduled to take place on Thursday, July 17 at 5:40 A.M. PDT at the TV Academy in North Hollywood, Calif. The actual awards ceremony itself is set to take place on September 21 and will be broadcast on ABC.
The Primetime Emmy Awards are awards presented by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences in recognition of excellence in American primetime television programming. There are still weeks before the nominees are announced, but a stir has been surrounding the awards event as there are at least two actresses already withdrew their names from contention.
Katherine Heigl publicly pulled out her name from the annual awards' contenders list last week, put the blame on the writers of her hit TV show "Grey's Anatomy" for her withdrawal. Lindsay Lohan revealed earlier this week she also dropped out of Emmy race in a bid to increase her chances next year after more guest appearances on "Ugly Betty." "The appearance was brief," a representative for Lohan explained. "We made a decision to wait."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture