Coldplay Slip Pass Lil Wayne on Billboard Hot 100
Just as it was predicted, English rockers Coldplay are set to start their domination on the U.S. charts as it has officially been announced that the band managed to score their first no 1 single in the U.S. chart. The rock act take their second single and album title track "Viva la Vida" to the top of the Billboard Hot 100 this week replacing the reigning chart topper Lil Wayne's "Lollipop".
The rockers' success in topping the Billboard singles chart this week, make them the first British musician to do it since the Spice Girls with their song "Wannabe" in 1997. Beside having their single topping the U.S. chart, the band's latest LP has also been predicted to top next week's albums chart as its sale has already reached the 300,000 mark on its first day.
Following Coldplay on the Billboard chart at #2 is Katy Perry with her "I Kissed a Girl", while Wayne's Lollipop not only surrendered its top spot but it also dropped 2 places to #3 this week. Another slips also happens for Leona Lewis' "Bleeding Love" which dropped 3-4. Meanwhile Rihanna with "Take a Bow" managed to hold last week's position at #5.
Natasha Bedingfield moved three places from 9-6 this week with her latest single "Pocketful of Sunshine", behind Natasha at #7 is Jordin Sparks' "No Air" featuring Chris Brown. Meanwhile, Brown himself managed to put his "Forever" at #8 this week, while Usher's "Love In This Club" featuring Young Jeezy slipped again from 6-9 this week. The last spot on the top ten chart this week is grabbed by Metro Station with "Shake It".
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant
- 'DWTS' Pro Cheryl Burke Is on Board for 'Dance Moms' Following Abby Lee Miller's Dramatic Exit