Coldplay Slip Pass Lil Wayne on Billboard Hot 100
Just as it was predicted, English rockers Coldplay are set to start their domination on the U.S. charts as it has officially been announced that the band managed to score their first no 1 single in the U.S. chart. The rock act take their second single and album title track "Viva la Vida" to the top of the Billboard Hot 100 this week replacing the reigning chart topper Lil Wayne's "Lollipop".
The rockers' success in topping the Billboard singles chart this week, make them the first British musician to do it since the Spice Girls with their song "Wannabe" in 1997. Beside having their single topping the U.S. chart, the band's latest LP has also been predicted to top next week's albums chart as its sale has already reached the 300,000 mark on its first day.
Following Coldplay on the Billboard chart at #2 is Katy Perry with her "I Kissed a Girl", while Wayne's Lollipop not only surrendered its top spot but it also dropped 2 places to #3 this week. Another slips also happens for Leona Lewis' "Bleeding Love" which dropped 3-4. Meanwhile Rihanna with "Take a Bow" managed to hold last week's position at #5.
Natasha Bedingfield moved three places from 9-6 this week with her latest single "Pocketful of Sunshine", behind Natasha at #7 is Jordin Sparks' "No Air" featuring Chris Brown. Meanwhile, Brown himself managed to put his "Forever" at #8 this week, while Usher's "Love In This Club" featuring Young Jeezy slipped again from 6-9 this week. The last spot on the top ten chart this week is grabbed by Metro Station with "Shake It".
More Coldplay News
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna
- 'Scream Queens': Hester Will Help Find the Killer in Season 2. Is She No Longer the Bad Guy?
- Possible Main Villains in 'The Flash' Film Are Revealed, 'Doctor Strange' May Feature Brother Voodoo
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans