'The Mummy 3' Villain Badder and Blood Thirstier Than Imhotep
Usually, most filmmaker chooses to keep mum or give merely hints about the details of their upcoming movie, particularly if the film is a potential blockbuster movie. But, that's not the case with Rob Cohen, the director of "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor". In a recent interview, the filmmaker has been very generous in sharing many things concerning the forthcoming movie, including about the new villain, that may contain possible spoilers.
Talking to Archaeology Magazine, the 59-year-old exposed that the resurrected Han emperor who becomes the newest foe of the O'Connell family in their latest adventure is way meaner than the resurrected Egyptian high priest Imhotep. By stating that, the "XXX" helmer means that the baddie depicted by kung fu action star Jet Li will easily kill everyone standing in between him and his dream of conquering the world.
"He's pretty f***ing bad," Cohen exclaimed. "In the opening 10 minutes, Jet Li kills three assassins then he leads an army of conquest that burns half of China, enslaves all his enemies to build the Great Wall, and brands and beheads people. This is all in the first five or six minutes. Then he has his best friend ripped apart by horses and stabs Michelle Yeoh in the gut. Now that's before he even becomes a mummy. [Laughs] Then he becomes a mummy and it gets worse!"
Comparing the mummified emperor to Imhotep, he further remarked, "He's way badder than Imhotep. His body count is in the hundreds of thousands before he even turns into a mummy! Then he comes back as a horribly burnt guy who creates havoc wherever he goes. The only thing that stands between him and world domination is the O'Connells, so he spends most of his time trying to kill them - unsuccessfully, because they're a wily group."
Besides giving out details about the bad guy, the producer of "XXX: State of the Union" also discussed about the life of Rick and Evelyn O'Connell before they are faced with the tough task of stopping the mad mummy. "When we find him now, he and his wife, now played by Maria Bello, are retired and living a boring life in London," he said. "They're called by the foreign office to return an artifact to Shanghai, which takes them to the Shanghai museum, where their son, Alex, has housed the recent discovery of the tomb of the dragon emperor." The complete script of the interview can be read at Archaeology.com.
"Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" is the third movie from "The Mummy" franchise. It also features the likes of Brendan Fraser, Luke Ford, John Hannah and Anthony Wong. The Universal Pictures' action horror will be breaking its way to the theaters on August 1.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard