Coldplay Denied Stealing Song, Staged First LP Promo Gig
Coldplay have just denied recent claims stating that the melody for their track "Viva la Vida" was a copy of a U.S. indie band Creaky Boards' song. The British band's spokesperson said that the allegation from the indie band was a false one.
Previously, Creaky's frontman, Andrew Hoepfner, stated his claim to the press that "Viva la Vida" sounds exactly like the song he wrote about a year before Coldplay released theirs. Andrew also said that he believes, Coldplay's singer Chris Martin, overhead their track when he was watching their gig in October 2007 in New York.
Answering the allegation, the English rockers' spokesperson, said that "Viva la Vida" was already written and demoed in March 2007. Not only that, the representative also confirmed that Chris never attended Creaky shows in October and stated that the singer was in London at the time.
The English rockers themselves doesn't seem to be affected by the accusation as they have just held their first concert in showcasing the songs from their new album "Viva la Vida". The band rocked the London's Brixton Academy with a great performance that wowed their fans and hit the stage set using "Mary Poppins" concept.
Revealing the reason they use the concept, Chris said, "We grew up with Mary Poppins and all those sorts of things. We love making big shows up and trying to work out what lights will look cool. We get very nerdy about it because we can't believe we're allowed to do it."
Meanwhile, Just as it was predicted the sale of Coldplay's new LP is going wild in U.K. as latest report suggested that the new record has been sold more than 300, 000 copies since its first release on June 12. As for the North America market the album is being set to be released today (June 17).
More Coldplay News
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius
- Watch Usher and Future in 'Rivals' Music Video
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Jared and Caila Prove Their Strong Bond With Bold Move
- Kim Kardashian Flashes Nipples in Intriguing Ensemble During an Outing in NYC