Voice Cast of 'Astro Boy' Announced
It is not a secret anymore that the famous Japanese superhero robot created by the god of manga, Osamu Tezuka, himself, "Astro Boy" will be adapted into a 3-D animation feature film. However, much of the detailed information about the manga adaptation movie, especially those in relation to the voice cast haven't been revealed until now.
In a press release let out by Summit Entertainment and Imagi Studios on Monday, June 16, it has been announced that in addition to Freddie Highmore who has been set to fill the voice of the titular character, other notable actors have been signed to lend their voices for the film's characters. They are Nicolas Cage, Donald Sutherland, Nathan Lane, Bill Nighy and Eugene Levy.
To be filmed under the direction of "Flushed Away" helmer David Bowers, "Astro Boy" will be developed using the script written by "Space Jam" scribbler Timothy Harris. It is expected to be released in 2009.
This Warner Bros. Pictures' animation is set in the futuristic Metro City and tells the story of a young robot called Astro Boy created by a brilliant scientist, Doctor Tenma, in place of his late son, but to the scientist's disappointment, Astro could not perform the task he made him for. But, after selling the robot to a circus owner, Tenma realizes that Astro has incredible powers and thus brings him back for a journey to save their city infested with robot-hating humans, aliens and mad robots.
- Bella Thorne Gets Nipple Piercing, Shares Naked Photo
- Is Drake Cheating on J.Lo With This Porn Star in Amsterdam?
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci