Emma Watson's 6 Million Dollar Deal with Chanel Just a Rumor
In the wake of heavy media coverage on Emma Watson's two years deal with Chanel, reportedly worth $6 million, a denial was quickly issued by a representative of the perfume giant. Put the false reports to an end, the representative told E! News that widespread Internet reports which claimed the young actress will become the new face of its Coco Mademoiselle fragrance are "just a rumor."
On Sunday, June 15, the celeb-gossip blogosphere was afire with reports that Watson signed a two-year contract with Chanel to replace Keira Knightley as brand ambassador for its Coco Mademoiselle fragrance. A source was even quoted as telling British newspaper The Mail on Sunday, "Emma has been excitedly telling friends that she is going to be taking over from Keira."
The "Harry Potter" star, moreover, was also said to have "been slowly integrated into the Chanel brand" and the company even has "been dressing her for film premieres and parties over recent months to see if she is the right fit. Once it became clear she is growing into a beautiful young woman and wears the Chanel brand so elegantly, they had to sign her up. Chanel realizes it is important to target a young audience."
Chanel, according to reports, was expected to make a formal announcement on Watson's appointment next month.
A representative for Chanel, however, insisted to have no idea where the rumor got started. The representative, in fact, branded the rumor as "false".
More Emma Watson News
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz