Emma Watson's 6 Million Dollar Deal with Chanel Just a Rumor
In the wake of heavy media coverage on Emma Watson's two years deal with Chanel, reportedly worth $6 million, a denial was quickly issued by a representative of the perfume giant. Put the false reports to an end, the representative told E! News that widespread Internet reports which claimed the young actress will become the new face of its Coco Mademoiselle fragrance are "just a rumor."
On Sunday, June 15, the celeb-gossip blogosphere was afire with reports that Watson signed a two-year contract with Chanel to replace Keira Knightley as brand ambassador for its Coco Mademoiselle fragrance. A source was even quoted as telling British newspaper The Mail on Sunday, "Emma has been excitedly telling friends that she is going to be taking over from Keira."
The "Harry Potter" star, moreover, was also said to have "been slowly integrated into the Chanel brand" and the company even has "been dressing her for film premieres and parties over recent months to see if she is the right fit. Once it became clear she is growing into a beautiful young woman and wears the Chanel brand so elegantly, they had to sign her up. Chanel realizes it is important to target a young audience."
Chanel, according to reports, was expected to make a formal announcement on Watson's appointment next month.
A representative for Chanel, however, insisted to have no idea where the rumor got started. The representative, in fact, branded the rumor as "false".
More Emma Watson News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier