M.I.A. Hinted Retirement at Bonnaroo Festival
British singer M.I.A. announced a surprising news to her fans as in her concert at Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival on Friday, June 13, she hinted her retirement. The singer mentioned her statements about three times during her performance at the concert saying, "This is my last show."
Making her retirement statements clearer, on one occasion during her set after saying "this is my last show", she also added, "and I'm glad that I'm spending it with all my hippies!". Beside announcing the surprising decision at the concert, M.I.A. even let some of her fans, who broke through the barricades and climbed on the stage, to stay with her from the midway of the event until most of her songs.
At the end of the concert after closing her performance by singing her hit "Paper Planes", the singer once again said her farewell to her fans stating, "Thanks for coming to my last gig." Despite hinting out a possible retirement it is still not clear whether she would only stop doing concerts or really departing from the music scene.
Before announcing the shocking news, previously M.I.A. has also disappointed her fans after she decided to cancel her European tour, which supposedly started on June 9. The singer claims that the cancellation was triggered by her condition, stating that she was too exhausted to do the tour.
More M.I.A. News
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande