Country Music Star Sara Evans Married Fiance Jay Barker
The wedding bells ring again for Sara Evans. The country music star married her fiance, former University of Alabama quarterback Jay Barker, Saturday evening, June 14 in an outdoor ceremony at a Franklin, Tenn., farm near her home. The marriage is the second for both.
There were about 145 guests witnessed the black-and-white-themed wedding ceremony. The couple's seven children served as attendants, with Evans' son walked his mother down the aisle, preceded by her two daughters, Olivia, 5, and Audrey, 3. Barker has four children from his previous marriage.
Marcus Hummon, a Grammy Award-winning country music singer-songwriter who's a close friend of Evans, performed Rascal Flatts' hit song "God Bless the Broken Road," which he co-wrote. The bride and groom apparently considered the tune to have deep meaning for their relationship.
Christian minister Joe Beam, who introduced the couple last fall, was on hand performing the ceremony.
Evans and Barker, who currently works as a sports radio host in Alabama, sparked dating report early February this year. Their romance was then confirmed by one of her friends who told People they're dating.
In late March, a representative for Evans confirmed the pair were engaged and planning to marry.
- Drake Admits Nicki Minaj Was the Reason Behind His Meek Mill Feud
- 'The Walking Dead' Will Reveal Who Helped Daryl Escape the Sanctuary
- Beyonce Is Suffering From Bad Morning Sickness
- You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview
- Watch Migos' Energetic Performance of 'Bad and Boujee' on 'Ellen'
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'