Country Music Star Sara Evans Married Fiance Jay Barker
The wedding bells ring again for Sara Evans. The country music star married her fiance, former University of Alabama quarterback Jay Barker, Saturday evening, June 14 in an outdoor ceremony at a Franklin, Tenn., farm near her home. The marriage is the second for both.
There were about 145 guests witnessed the black-and-white-themed wedding ceremony. The couple's seven children served as attendants, with Evans' son walked his mother down the aisle, preceded by her two daughters, Olivia, 5, and Audrey, 3. Barker has four children from his previous marriage.
Marcus Hummon, a Grammy Award-winning country music singer-songwriter who's a close friend of Evans, performed Rascal Flatts' hit song "God Bless the Broken Road," which he co-wrote. The bride and groom apparently considered the tune to have deep meaning for their relationship.
Christian minister Joe Beam, who introduced the couple last fall, was on hand performing the ceremony.
Evans and Barker, who currently works as a sports radio host in Alabama, sparked dating report early February this year. Their romance was then confirmed by one of her friends who told People they're dating.
In late March, a representative for Evans confirmed the pair were engaged and planning to marry.
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles