Rihanna and Linkin Park, Early Winners of the 2008 MuchMusic Video Awards
The 2008 MuchMusic Video Awards, held in Ontario Canada, has announced some of the winners. Among the early winners are two famous names on the music scene, they are Rihanna and Linkin Park.
Rihanna managed to grab home the award for Best International Video for Artist, with her "Don't Stop the Music" beating the likes of Alicia Keys, Stacy Ferguson a.k.a Fergie, Flo Rida, Kanye West, Madonna, Usher and some other famous musicians. Linkin Park on the other hand took home the prize for Best International Video for Group with "Bleed It Out".
It wasn't an easy job for the rockers to grab the award as just like the "Umbrella" singer, the band have to compete with lots of famous names. Some of the contenders that Linkin Park beat were, Foo Fighters, Fall Out Boy, Maroon 5, OneRepublic, Panic! At the Disco, Tokio Hotel and others.
Beside those two awards other categories that have also been announced are, Best Director which was grabbed by Kevin De Freitas for Hedley's video "For The Nights I Can't Remember", MuchLoud Best Rock Video award that was won by Hedley with their "So Sorry" clip.
More Rihanna News
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed