Rihanna and Linkin Park, Early Winners of the 2008 MuchMusic Video Awards
The 2008 MuchMusic Video Awards, held in Ontario Canada, has announced some of the winners. Among the early winners are two famous names on the music scene, they are Rihanna and Linkin Park.
Rihanna managed to grab home the award for Best International Video for Artist, with her "Don't Stop the Music" beating the likes of Alicia Keys, Stacy Ferguson a.k.a Fergie, Flo Rida, Kanye West, Madonna, Usher and some other famous musicians. Linkin Park on the other hand took home the prize for Best International Video for Group with "Bleed It Out".
It wasn't an easy job for the rockers to grab the award as just like the "Umbrella" singer, the band have to compete with lots of famous names. Some of the contenders that Linkin Park beat were, Foo Fighters, Fall Out Boy, Maroon 5, OneRepublic, Panic! At the Disco, Tokio Hotel and others.
Beside those two awards other categories that have also been announced are, Best Director which was grabbed by Kevin De Freitas for Hedley's video "For The Nights I Can't Remember", MuchLoud Best Rock Video award that was won by Hedley with their "So Sorry" clip.
More Rihanna News
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2