Rihanna and Linkin Park, Early Winners of the 2008 MuchMusic Video Awards
The 2008 MuchMusic Video Awards, held in Ontario Canada, has announced some of the winners. Among the early winners are two famous names on the music scene, they are Rihanna and Linkin Park.
Rihanna managed to grab home the award for Best International Video for Artist, with her "Don't Stop the Music" beating the likes of Alicia Keys, Stacy Ferguson a.k.a Fergie, Flo Rida, Kanye West, Madonna, Usher and some other famous musicians. Linkin Park on the other hand took home the prize for Best International Video for Group with "Bleed It Out".
It wasn't an easy job for the rockers to grab the award as just like the "Umbrella" singer, the band have to compete with lots of famous names. Some of the contenders that Linkin Park beat were, Foo Fighters, Fall Out Boy, Maroon 5, OneRepublic, Panic! At the Disco, Tokio Hotel and others.
Beside those two awards other categories that have also been announced are, Best Director which was grabbed by Kevin De Freitas for Hedley's video "For The Nights I Can't Remember", MuchLoud Best Rock Video award that was won by Hedley with their "So Sorry" clip.
More Rihanna News
- Linkin Park Nabs Sixth No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'One More Light'
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie