Rihanna and Linkin Park, Early Winners of the 2008 MuchMusic Video Awards
The 2008 MuchMusic Video Awards, held in Ontario Canada, has announced some of the winners. Among the early winners are two famous names on the music scene, they are Rihanna and Linkin Park.
Rihanna managed to grab home the award for Best International Video for Artist, with her "Don't Stop the Music" beating the likes of Alicia Keys, Stacy Ferguson a.k.a Fergie, Flo Rida, Kanye West, Madonna, Usher and some other famous musicians. Linkin Park on the other hand took home the prize for Best International Video for Group with "Bleed It Out".
It wasn't an easy job for the rockers to grab the award as just like the "Umbrella" singer, the band have to compete with lots of famous names. Some of the contenders that Linkin Park beat were, Foo Fighters, Fall Out Boy, Maroon 5, OneRepublic, Panic! At the Disco, Tokio Hotel and others.
Beside those two awards other categories that have also been announced are, Best Director which was grabbed by Kevin De Freitas for Hedley's video "For The Nights I Can't Remember", MuchLoud Best Rock Video award that was won by Hedley with their "So Sorry" clip.
More Rihanna News
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video