Winners of 6th Annual TV Land Awards Unveiled
The 6th annual TV Land Awards was a star-studded event Sunday, June 15. The awards show, which was held at Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, honored the best movies, and some good TV shows. Singer-songwriter and actress Vanessa Williams, who served as host, sang "I'm Flying" from the 2003 adventure flick "Peter Pan."
Comedians Mike Myers and Jonathan Winters were among the honorees. Myers received the Lucille Ball-Legacy of Laughter Award from Justin Timberlake, his co-star in "The Love Guru." Winters, elsewhere, was bestowed the Pioneer Award.
"The Golden Girls" stars Bea Arthur, Rue McClanahan and Betty White were all presented with the Pop Culture Award. The cast of NBC's sitcom "The Office", including Steve Carell, won the Pop Culture Award.
The 1988-1997 ABC comedy "Roseanne" received the Innovator Award, presented to a series which influence is still felt in television today. The cast; Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert, Michael Fishman, Martin Mull, Johnny Galecki, Alicia Goranson and Sarah Chalke among others, were presented with the award by Teri Hatcher.
Samuel L. Jackson presented Lionel Richie with the Icon Award. The singer-songwriter and record producer performed a medley of his greatest hits during the event.
Visit TV Land Awards' official site for the full list of the award winners.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2