Jay-Z Sued for Stealing a Rap-Style
Another trouble arrives for Jay-Z, after having his addition on Glastonbury Festival ringing lots of protests by many people, now the rapper has to face a lawsuit. The latest reports said that Jay is being sued over $88 million by a professional boxer Mitchell Rose for rap-style stealing.
Mitchell claimed that Jay-Z has stolen his rap style, which is being called the whispering style, and use it without permission. The boxer said that the Brooklyn rapper started to use the whispering style shortly after Mitchell handed his demo tape to the rapper/producer at a boxing match.
Revealing his story, Mitch said to the press, "I saw Jay-Z as we were leaving the arena after the fight, I gave him my tape, and asked him to listen to it.He took the demo with him and shortly after that he began using the whispering in his songs."
Moreover, Mitchell also stated his disappointment over Jay's action saying, "I had previously trained some of my artists to use that style, but it quickly became obsolete after Jay-Z got a hold of it. He used the whispering to enhance his music and financially benefit from it. Jay-Z disregarded the fact that it was my demo where he got the style from as he went on to use it for his own personal gains, which is wrong."
More Jay-Z News
- Shirtless Orlando Bloom Cozying Up to Katy Perry Look-Alike in Malibu
- Jessica Jones and Trish Arrested in Season 2 Set Photos
- Nas Wants Serious Relationship With Nicki Minaj
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Cleavage, Pulls Down Her Bikini Bottom in New Racy Pics
- Get First Look at Idris Elba and Kate Winslet Amid Freezing Wilderness in 'The Mountain Between Us'
- Tiger Woods Apologizes, Blames 'Unexpected Reaction to Prescribed Medications' for DUI
- Inside Meek Mill and Nicki Minaj's Run-In at Miami Nightclub: He Keeps His Eyes on Her
- Is Fergie 'Kicked Out' of Black Eyed Peas?