Jay-Z Sued for Stealing a Rap-Style
Another trouble arrives for Jay-Z, after having his addition on Glastonbury Festival ringing lots of protests by many people, now the rapper has to face a lawsuit. The latest reports said that Jay is being sued over $88 million by a professional boxer Mitchell Rose for rap-style stealing.
Mitchell claimed that Jay-Z has stolen his rap style, which is being called the whispering style, and use it without permission. The boxer said that the Brooklyn rapper started to use the whispering style shortly after Mitchell handed his demo tape to the rapper/producer at a boxing match.
Revealing his story, Mitch said to the press, "I saw Jay-Z as we were leaving the arena after the fight, I gave him my tape, and asked him to listen to it.He took the demo with him and shortly after that he began using the whispering in his songs."
Moreover, Mitchell also stated his disappointment over Jay's action saying, "I had previously trained some of my artists to use that style, but it quickly became obsolete after Jay-Z got a hold of it. He used the whispering to enhance his music and financially benefit from it. Jay-Z disregarded the fact that it was my demo where he got the style from as he went on to use it for his own personal gains, which is wrong."
More Jay-Z News
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child