Slash Prepares His First Solo Album
With his band Velvet Revolver still taking a break from the music scene, Slash is making a use of the spare time he has by working on a solo album. The guitarist revealed the news in a recent interview with Spinner.com stating that the new project will be his first. "It'll be my first solo record," Slash said.
On the interview the ex-Guns N' Roses member also hopes that he can finish the record quickly because as soon as Velvet managed to find a new singer, his band will also start their new album's work. "I'm working on it pretty aggressively right now while I have the time cause as soon as Velvet finds its singer, then it's going to be off the races with that," he said.
Moreover, Slash also stated that he hopes his solo effort will be released before any new projects from Velvet dropped. "I'm using this little period to be able to do as much on my solo record as possible. I'm not sure exactly when it will come out, but hopefully it will come out before the Velvet record," said Slash.
The guitarist also insures his fans that the upcoming project will be different from any collaboration stuffs that he has done previously. Confirming that statement, Slash told Spinner, "All the other ones were just me putting other bands together and going out and just jamming. This will actually be a little bit more personal."
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton