Slash Prepares His First Solo Album
With his band Velvet Revolver still taking a break from the music scene, Slash is making a use of the spare time he has by working on a solo album. The guitarist revealed the news in a recent interview with Spinner.com stating that the new project will be his first. "It'll be my first solo record," Slash said.
On the interview the ex-Guns N' Roses member also hopes that he can finish the record quickly because as soon as Velvet managed to find a new singer, his band will also start their new album's work. "I'm working on it pretty aggressively right now while I have the time cause as soon as Velvet finds its singer, then it's going to be off the races with that," he said.
Moreover, Slash also stated that he hopes his solo effort will be released before any new projects from Velvet dropped. "I'm using this little period to be able to do as much on my solo record as possible. I'm not sure exactly when it will come out, but hopefully it will come out before the Velvet record," said Slash.
The guitarist also insures his fans that the upcoming project will be different from any collaboration stuffs that he has done previously. Confirming that statement, Slash told Spinner, "All the other ones were just me putting other bands together and going out and just jamming. This will actually be a little bit more personal."
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'