Ashanti's Controversial Promo Attachment Pulled Off by Her Label
Within only one day after it was protested by many people Ashanti and her label have pulled the bloody promo that was attached on her website. The reason for the rapid action reportedly was not only triggered by various protests on June 10, but also because there is a threat that there will be more protest to come.
The controversial website page called TheWayThatILoveYou.com that was previously attached on Ashanti's official website has now been removed and changed into a promo page site for her "The Declaration" album. Previously, the controversial attachment showed a fake murder news from UCN (Universal Crime Network) and also a special feature that allows people to send a fake murder threat email to their friends.
Confirming the removing of the controversial attachment promo, a representative from Ashanti's label, Universal/Motown, said to the press, "Following discussions with Ashanti, we have jointly decided to remove the TheWayThatILoveYou.com website that hosts the 'Gotchagram'." Moreover, the representative also added, "Ashanti and her music have always been about self-empowerment and addressing the issues that are most meaningful to her. We stand by our artist and her creative choices."
Expressing his delight regarding Ashanti and her label's decision, one of the protestant Paul Porter told MTV, "I just got off the phone with [Motown Records President] Sylvia Rhone. And she said they were going to pull it down, and that was the goal, so we're happy about that." Moreover Paul also said that if the controversial album promo hasn't been removed, he will lead his group to do another protest against the R 'n' B singer at her performance at the 5th game of the NBA Finals in L.A. on Sunday, June 15.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna