Brother Penning Memoir About Famous Sister Madonna
Christopher Ciccone, the brother of acclaimed pop singer Madonna, is writing a tell-all book about his sister. Publisher Simon & Schuster announced Wednesday, June 11 the book is slated to be released on July 15.
"Ciccone's extraordinary memoir is based on his life and 47 years of growing up with and working with his sister - the most famous woman in the world," the publishing house said in a statement. Simon & Schuster reportedly will put out a-first 350,000 copies of the memoir, which title is "Life With My Sister."
Simon & Schuster, still according to E! Online, had been promoting a celebrity memoir for July, asking bookstores to make "blind" orders without identifying the author or contents.
Ciccone, who's an interior designer, has worked with Madonna before, most notably as artistic director on her 1991 documentary, "Madonna: Truth or Dare." The siblings, however, are not close these days, according to Madonna's longtime representative Liz Rosenberg, who told the press, "Madonna has not cooperated with any biography about herself."
No details on what Ciccone is writing about his famous sister on the highly anticipated book and it is also not known how much he will make on the reported tell-all.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says