Brother Penning Memoir About Famous Sister Madonna
Christopher Ciccone, the brother of acclaimed pop singer Madonna, is writing a tell-all book about his sister. Publisher Simon & Schuster announced Wednesday, June 11 the book is slated to be released on July 15.
"Ciccone's extraordinary memoir is based on his life and 47 years of growing up with and working with his sister - the most famous woman in the world," the publishing house said in a statement. Simon & Schuster reportedly will put out a-first 350,000 copies of the memoir, which title is "Life With My Sister."
Simon & Schuster, still according to E! Online, had been promoting a celebrity memoir for July, asking bookstores to make "blind" orders without identifying the author or contents.
Ciccone, who's an interior designer, has worked with Madonna before, most notably as artistic director on her 1991 documentary, "Madonna: Truth or Dare." The siblings, however, are not close these days, according to Madonna's longtime representative Liz Rosenberg, who told the press, "Madonna has not cooperated with any biography about herself."
No details on what Ciccone is writing about his famous sister on the highly anticipated book and it is also not known how much he will make on the reported tell-all.
More Madonna News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'