Brother Penning Memoir About Famous Sister Madonna
Christopher Ciccone, the brother of acclaimed pop singer Madonna, is writing a tell-all book about his sister. Publisher Simon & Schuster announced Wednesday, June 11 the book is slated to be released on July 15.
"Ciccone's extraordinary memoir is based on his life and 47 years of growing up with and working with his sister - the most famous woman in the world," the publishing house said in a statement. Simon & Schuster reportedly will put out a-first 350,000 copies of the memoir, which title is "Life With My Sister."
Simon & Schuster, still according to E! Online, had been promoting a celebrity memoir for July, asking bookstores to make "blind" orders without identifying the author or contents.
Ciccone, who's an interior designer, has worked with Madonna before, most notably as artistic director on her 1991 documentary, "Madonna: Truth or Dare." The siblings, however, are not close these days, according to Madonna's longtime representative Liz Rosenberg, who told the press, "Madonna has not cooperated with any biography about herself."
No details on what Ciccone is writing about his famous sister on the highly anticipated book and it is also not known how much he will make on the reported tell-all.
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!