Brother Penning Memoir About Famous Sister Madonna
Christopher Ciccone, the brother of acclaimed pop singer Madonna, is writing a tell-all book about his sister. Publisher Simon & Schuster announced Wednesday, June 11 the book is slated to be released on July 15.
"Ciccone's extraordinary memoir is based on his life and 47 years of growing up with and working with his sister - the most famous woman in the world," the publishing house said in a statement. Simon & Schuster reportedly will put out a-first 350,000 copies of the memoir, which title is "Life With My Sister."
Simon & Schuster, still according to E! Online, had been promoting a celebrity memoir for July, asking bookstores to make "blind" orders without identifying the author or contents.
Ciccone, who's an interior designer, has worked with Madonna before, most notably as artistic director on her 1991 documentary, "Madonna: Truth or Dare." The siblings, however, are not close these days, according to Madonna's longtime representative Liz Rosenberg, who told the press, "Madonna has not cooperated with any biography about herself."
No details on what Ciccone is writing about his famous sister on the highly anticipated book and it is also not known how much he will make on the reported tell-all.
More Madonna News
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'
- 'White Men Can't Jump' Remake Is in the Works
- Ed Sheeran Scores First No. 1 Hit on Billboard Hot 100 With 'Shape of You', Makes Chart History
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl