'The Strangers' Sequel Most Certainly En Route
Mere two weeks after its screening on theaters on May 30, "The Strangers" has been getting a highlight once again with the talks of a sequel. A report on Bloody-Disgusting.com suggested that there is in fact a huge possibility that the second installment will be developed by its production house Rogue Pictures.
"Strangers" that put Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman as the main stars, made a surprising box office income at the first weekend after grossing nearly $21 million, a better-than-expected result considering that it was made only with a $9 million budget. The next week, the horror flick still managed to hold on tight to its top five position despite tough competitions from "Kung Fu Panda" and "You Don't Mess With the Zohan" by pulling in another $8.9 million.
This success is speculated to be one of the reasons the sequel is being considered. The site claimed, "this weekend we put out some calls and have confirmed 100% that there is in fact talk of bringing the hooded villains back to the big screen."
Coming from the mind of director Bryan Bertino, "Strangers" tells the story of a couple who are targeted by three dangerous masked and hooded strangers. This forced them to do things they never imagined in order to survive.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie