'The Strangers' Sequel Most Certainly En Route
Mere two weeks after its screening on theaters on May 30, "The Strangers" has been getting a highlight once again with the talks of a sequel. A report on Bloody-Disgusting.com suggested that there is in fact a huge possibility that the second installment will be developed by its production house Rogue Pictures.
"Strangers" that put Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman as the main stars, made a surprising box office income at the first weekend after grossing nearly $21 million, a better-than-expected result considering that it was made only with a $9 million budget. The next week, the horror flick still managed to hold on tight to its top five position despite tough competitions from "Kung Fu Panda" and "You Don't Mess With the Zohan" by pulling in another $8.9 million.
This success is speculated to be one of the reasons the sequel is being considered. The site claimed, "this weekend we put out some calls and have confirmed 100% that there is in fact talk of bringing the hooded villains back to the big screen."
Coming from the mind of director Bryan Bertino, "Strangers" tells the story of a couple who are targeted by three dangerous masked and hooded strangers. This forced them to do things they never imagined in order to survive.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen