'The Strangers' Sequel Most Certainly En Route
Mere two weeks after its screening on theaters on May 30, "The Strangers" has been getting a highlight once again with the talks of a sequel. A report on Bloody-Disgusting.com suggested that there is in fact a huge possibility that the second installment will be developed by its production house Rogue Pictures.
"Strangers" that put Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman as the main stars, made a surprising box office income at the first weekend after grossing nearly $21 million, a better-than-expected result considering that it was made only with a $9 million budget. The next week, the horror flick still managed to hold on tight to its top five position despite tough competitions from "Kung Fu Panda" and "You Don't Mess With the Zohan" by pulling in another $8.9 million.
This success is speculated to be one of the reasons the sequel is being considered. The site claimed, "this weekend we put out some calls and have confirmed 100% that there is in fact talk of bringing the hooded villains back to the big screen."
Coming from the mind of director Bryan Bertino, "Strangers" tells the story of a couple who are targeted by three dangerous masked and hooded strangers. This forced them to do things they never imagined in order to survive.
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does