'Quantum of Solace' Jinx Continues, Daniel Craig Injured
Words suggesting that the latest James Bond movie has been cursed appear to become real every second with a new accident occurring on the filming. Following buzzes over a series of mishaps hitting the production of "Quantum of Solace", the action film has been struck with another on-set incident. This time, it is reported that Daniel Craig, the Bond depicter, himself suffered injuries while filming.
On Tuesday, June 10, the second-time Bond has been rushed to the hospital after he incidentally cut off the tip of one of his fingers. The star of "Casino Royale" was brought to the hospital due to the amount of blood pouring out of his injury. On the matter, an unnamed source from the production team explained, "There was quite a lot of blood and it was decided he needed to go to hospital for emergency treatment." The slicing mishap apparently isn't a serious matter since later in the afternoon of the same day, the 40-year-old actor returned to the Pinewood Studios to continue shooting the action sequence scheduled for the day.
This injury isn't Craig's first while filming for "Quantum". A week prior, he had been involved in a collision resulting a cut on his face which requires eight stitches. Additionally, according to The Sun, a witness to the latest incident confessed that Craig has also suffered from ribs injury while shooting in Panama.
Craig's unlucky situation added up to the series of mishaps happening during the production of the 22nd Bond movie. Earlier, two stunt men were injured in different car accidents during the shooting of car chase sequences at Lake Garda, Italy. Other than that, an expensive Aston Martin has accidentally plunged into Lake Garda while it was on its way to the set. Following those incidents, an outdoor Bond set at Pinewood has been damaged by fire which broke out previously.
"Quantum of Solace" is currently undergoing production under the direction of helmer Marc Forster. The action movie starring Craig, Olga Kurylenko, Giancarlo Giannini, Judi Dench, Mathieu Amalric and Gemma Arterton follows the story of the superspy agent as he tries to balance his desire to avenge his lover's betrayal and his mission of unveiling the organization behind the betrayal. The film will be making its way to the theaters on November 7.
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!