'Quantum of Solace' Jinx Continues, Daniel Craig Injured
Words suggesting that the latest James Bond movie has been cursed appear to become real every second with a new accident occurring on the filming. Following buzzes over a series of mishaps hitting the production of "Quantum of Solace", the action film has been struck with another on-set incident. This time, it is reported that Daniel Craig, the Bond depicter, himself suffered injuries while filming.
On Tuesday, June 10, the second-time Bond has been rushed to the hospital after he incidentally cut off the tip of one of his fingers. The star of "Casino Royale" was brought to the hospital due to the amount of blood pouring out of his injury. On the matter, an unnamed source from the production team explained, "There was quite a lot of blood and it was decided he needed to go to hospital for emergency treatment." The slicing mishap apparently isn't a serious matter since later in the afternoon of the same day, the 40-year-old actor returned to the Pinewood Studios to continue shooting the action sequence scheduled for the day.
This injury isn't Craig's first while filming for "Quantum". A week prior, he had been involved in a collision resulting a cut on his face which requires eight stitches. Additionally, according to The Sun, a witness to the latest incident confessed that Craig has also suffered from ribs injury while shooting in Panama.
Craig's unlucky situation added up to the series of mishaps happening during the production of the 22nd Bond movie. Earlier, two stunt men were injured in different car accidents during the shooting of car chase sequences at Lake Garda, Italy. Other than that, an expensive Aston Martin has accidentally plunged into Lake Garda while it was on its way to the set. Following those incidents, an outdoor Bond set at Pinewood has been damaged by fire which broke out previously.
"Quantum of Solace" is currently undergoing production under the direction of helmer Marc Forster. The action movie starring Craig, Olga Kurylenko, Giancarlo Giannini, Judi Dench, Mathieu Amalric and Gemma Arterton follows the story of the superspy agent as he tries to balance his desire to avenge his lover's betrayal and his mission of unveiling the organization behind the betrayal. The film will be making its way to the theaters on November 7.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season