Artist of the Week: Alanis Morissette
With six studio albums and numerous monster hits behind her resume, Alanis Morissette is not a singer to be taken lightly. The multiple Grammy Awards winner, steps up with a seventh album, "Flavors of Entanglement" on June 10, marking her way to be one of Canada-borns who makes it big worldwide.
The record has generally received favorable reviews from music critics, including The Sun's Darryl Sterdan who gave the set 3 out of 5 for being "more mature. More grounded. More forgiving." Although some still deem her songs in the "Entanglement" as "angry", Alanis assured the public that the expression was not an angst towards her ex, Ryan Reynolds', engagement to Scarlett Johansson. "I'm really happy for him," she clarified.
"There's not another artist-male or female-who can take you on the kind of emotional journey that Alanis can," says the LP's collaborator and producer Guy Sigsworth. "She has this ginormous, super-massive, planet-eating emotional range. She goes all the way-10 on the Richter Scale-and we're at the epicenter with her as she sings whole worlds into existence. She can be raging and hostile, distraught and desolately heartbroken, glowingly nostalgic, sensual, breezy and self-deprecating-all in one album."
The singer is also in the middle of writing a memoir, her first book that will contain a compilation of essays, women issues, photographs, and mood-boosting exercises. As of May 2008 she was halfway through it and planned to release it before the year ends.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked