David Duchovny Suggested More 'X-Files' Sequels to Follow
In about a month, "The X-Files: I Want to Believe", the so-called sequel to 1998's sci-fi movie "The X-Files" will be screened in the theaters ten years after the first film has been released. However, before the stand alone flick is even available in the big screen, words are out that more "X-Files" sequels may be developed.
The rumor was sparked by David Duchovny, the depicter of FBI agent Fox Mulder. In an interview with Wizard Magazine published on the magazine issue number 201, the 47-year-old actor hinted on the possibility of working on another "X-Files" movies. "I know it took me about a year to feel whole after the show was over. After that point I was ready, and it was always my intention, my desire, that the show would continue on in movie form," confessed the two-time Golden Globe Award-winning actor.
Additionally, when asked to clarify whether he meant that "X-Files" will be movie series, the co-star of Halle Berry in "Things We Lost in the Fire" revealed that he believes so. "I wouldn't see any reason to do it unless it were. It's a serial show by its nature," explained the husband of actress Tea Leoni. "The frame and the characters throw off an infinite number of stories and situations, it's a classic, archetypal relationship, with a believer and a nonbeliever, with this kind of unrequited love in the middle of it, and it all works. And that can work forever as long as your stories are good."
Regardless whether the sequels speculation is true or false, "I Want to Believe" will be opened in theaters nationwide on July 25. The movie once again paired up Duchovny with actress Gillian Anderson as the two FBI agents investigating inexplicable phenomena. The 20th Century Fox's film is set to be taking place six years after the events of the television series and will bring the relationship between the two agents to the unexpected directions.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?