David Duchovny Suggested More 'X-Files' Sequels to Follow
In about a month, "The X-Files: I Want to Believe", the so-called sequel to 1998's sci-fi movie "The X-Files" will be screened in the theaters ten years after the first film has been released. However, before the stand alone flick is even available in the big screen, words are out that more "X-Files" sequels may be developed.
The rumor was sparked by David Duchovny, the depicter of FBI agent Fox Mulder. In an interview with Wizard Magazine published on the magazine issue number 201, the 47-year-old actor hinted on the possibility of working on another "X-Files" movies. "I know it took me about a year to feel whole after the show was over. After that point I was ready, and it was always my intention, my desire, that the show would continue on in movie form," confessed the two-time Golden Globe Award-winning actor.
Additionally, when asked to clarify whether he meant that "X-Files" will be movie series, the co-star of Halle Berry in "Things We Lost in the Fire" revealed that he believes so. "I wouldn't see any reason to do it unless it were. It's a serial show by its nature," explained the husband of actress Tea Leoni. "The frame and the characters throw off an infinite number of stories and situations, it's a classic, archetypal relationship, with a believer and a nonbeliever, with this kind of unrequited love in the middle of it, and it all works. And that can work forever as long as your stories are good."
Regardless whether the sequels speculation is true or false, "I Want to Believe" will be opened in theaters nationwide on July 25. The movie once again paired up Duchovny with actress Gillian Anderson as the two FBI agents investigating inexplicable phenomena. The 20th Century Fox's film is set to be taking place six years after the events of the television series and will bring the relationship between the two agents to the unexpected directions.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'