'Pirates' Beauty Keira Knightley Up for 'Fair Lady' Remake
Through a soccer drama "Bend it Like Beckham", Keira Knightley makes her name noted in the movie biz and since playing the role of Governor daughter turned pirate Elizabeth Swann in the blockbuster Disney trilogy "Pirates of the Caribbean", she has morphed her characters into subtler ladies. Following her acclaimed performance in "Atonement", she has appeared in various movies that require her to go above and beyond. Now, the 23-year-old actress is about to tackle another challenging role requiring her to show more of her feminine side.
In the latest news about "The Duchess" star, it is reported that Knightley is in negotiations to land a role of Eliza Doolittle, once made famous by the one and only Audrey Hepburn, in the newest version of "My Fair Lady". As Doolitle, the Academy Award-nominated actress is expected to present a Cockney flower girl who is transformed into a lady under the guidance of arrogant Professor Henry Higgins, who later falls in love with her. Since the talks are still in process, confirmation words on whether or not Knightley nails the part won't be outed for awhile.
This "My Fair Lady" will be an update version of the George Cukor's 1964 film, which earned eight 1964's Academy Award kudos, including Best Movie title. The newer version of the drama musical will be a co-production project of the Broadway legend Cameron Mackintosh, "Love Actually" producer Duncan Kenworthy and CBS Films. It will still be set in the year of 1912, but unlike the first film, it won't be shot on soundstages, instead it will be filmed on various locations in London.
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance