'Pirates' Beauty Keira Knightley Up for 'Fair Lady' Remake
Through a soccer drama "Bend it Like Beckham", Keira Knightley makes her name noted in the movie biz and since playing the role of Governor daughter turned pirate Elizabeth Swann in the blockbuster Disney trilogy "Pirates of the Caribbean", she has morphed her characters into subtler ladies. Following her acclaimed performance in "Atonement", she has appeared in various movies that require her to go above and beyond. Now, the 23-year-old actress is about to tackle another challenging role requiring her to show more of her feminine side.
In the latest news about "The Duchess" star, it is reported that Knightley is in negotiations to land a role of Eliza Doolittle, once made famous by the one and only Audrey Hepburn, in the newest version of "My Fair Lady". As Doolitle, the Academy Award-nominated actress is expected to present a Cockney flower girl who is transformed into a lady under the guidance of arrogant Professor Henry Higgins, who later falls in love with her. Since the talks are still in process, confirmation words on whether or not Knightley nails the part won't be outed for awhile.
This "My Fair Lady" will be an update version of the George Cukor's 1964 film, which earned eight 1964's Academy Award kudos, including Best Movie title. The newer version of the drama musical will be a co-production project of the Broadway legend Cameron Mackintosh, "Love Actually" producer Duncan Kenworthy and CBS Films. It will still be set in the year of 1912, but unlike the first film, it won't be shot on soundstages, instead it will be filmed on various locations in London.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences