Video Premiere: Enrique Iglesias' 'Can You Hear Me'
Having yet release a new studio LP this year, Enrique Iglesias surprised his fans by premiering a music video for a new single titled "Can You Hear Me" on June 6. The new clip, which was directed by Paul Minor, sees Enrique singing at a club lookalike set and also in front of a full pack crowd with most of them being girls.
Not only having lots of women, but the new video also features some cool freestyle soccer actions. The short soccer features were installed on the clip because the song itself is being set as one of the official songs for the prestigious soccer tournament UEFA Euro 2008, that will kick off today (June 7) in Switzerland.
Enrique won't be performing the new single on the opening ceremony, but he will headline the closing ceremony just before the final of the soccer tournament at the Vienna's Ernst Happel stadium in Austria on June 29. Commenting about his involvements in making a song for the soccer tournament, Enrique said, "I'm really pleased to be able to contribute to the football festival in Switzerland and Austria and it is an honour for me to perform at the final."
Meanwhile, explaining about the reason the Spanish born singer was picked to sing one of Euro 2008 theme songs, UEFA Commercial Director, Philippe Margraff said, "Enrique is the perfect choice for us-he is an international superstar who loves football and has European roots. 'Can you hear me' will help create even more of a party atmosphere for the fans at EURO 2008."
Enrique Iglesias'"Can You Hear Me" Video Premiere:
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'