Ryan Phillippe and Abbie Cornish's First Public Outing as Couple
Previously denied rumors of a romance, Ryan Phillippe and Abbie Cornish quietly confirmed their alleged love relationship, making their first ever outing as a couple at the 2008 Australian in Film Breakthrough Awards, held Thursday, June 5 at the Avalon Hotel in Beverly Hills. The celebrity couple were seen holding hands during the fest.
"They were adorable," a guest at the awards event testified. "He had his arm around her and they were cozy and comfortable." Later in the party, Ryan rubbed her back while she leaned against his shoulder before she was being honored with a Breakthrough Award. The pair kept holding hands throughout the evening, People claimed.
Accepting her Breakthrough Award from "Stop-Loss" director Kimberly Peirce, Abbie thanked everyone; from her director to manager, but did not name her costar Ryan. He, nevertheless, let Abbie "enjoyed her moment in the spotlight, waiting patiently as she worked the room and posed for photos. Once she was at his side once again, they continued to share laughs with pals," People went on writing on its site.
Ryan and Abbie then left the party just before 10 P.M., heading to Hennessy's weekly jazz night at Teddy's.
Reports on Ryan embarked a secret love relationship with Abbie emerged on the set of "Stop-Loss," when he was still married to then wife Reese Witherspoon. Despite her persistent denial, Abbie was rumored to be the reason behind his divorce from Witherspoon, who's now dating actor Jake Gyllenhaal.
Ryan and Witherspoon, parents to daughter Ava Elizabeth Phillippe and son Deacon Phillippe, married in June 1999. They have their divorce finalized October last year.
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake