Stevie Wonder Set European Tour Dates
Legendary pop singer Stevie Wonder is set to get back on the road and plans to treat his faithful fans in Europe later this year. Stevie announced that news on Thursday June 5, stating to the press that his European leg will have in total of 12 dates and set to kick off on September 8 at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham, England.
Beside stopping in England, Stevie will also stage his concerts in other major European countries such as Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Italy and France. The pop legend's upcoming tour won't be held that long as it is planned to finish on September 28.
Stevie announced his European trek, which was his first in over a decade, in a showcase at Hard Rock Cafe in London. Confirming his tour plan, he said, "I am looking forward to performing in these venues in Europe. We are going to have some wonderful nights of intimate excitement."
In other news, not only announcing his tour, at the showcase he also gives an opinion about Amy Winehouse to the local press. Stevie admitted that that he is a fan of Amy's music saying, "She reminds me of a young Etta James. 'Rehab' is a very good song. The CD was good, my daughter turned me on to it."
Full dates of Stevie Wonder's European Tour:
- Birmingham NIA, England (September 8)
- Manchester MEN, England (9)
- London O2 Arena, England (11)
- Rotterdam Ahoy, Netherlands (14)
- Aalborg Gigantium, Sweden (17)
- Stockholm Globe, Sweden (19)
- Hamar Vikingskipet, Norway (20)
- Cologne Arena, Germany (22)
- Mannheim Sap Arena, Germany (23)
- Munich Olympiahalle, Germany (25)
- Milan Datchforum, Italy (26)
- Paris Bercy, France (28)
More Stevie Wonder News
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech