David Archuleta Signed to the Same Label as David Cook's
The intriguing battle between two Davids on the recent American Idol seventh season finale, could continue once again outside of the talent show. Both David Archuleta and David Cook seem set to compete in making and selling new albums, after Archuleta has followed Cook's footsteps and signed with the same record label as his rocker buddy which is 19 Recordings.
Commenting about the record deal Archuleta told the press, "Signing a record contract with 19 Recordings/ Jive Records is truly a dream come true. Being a fan of 'American Idol' since season one and admiring the alumni, I am honored and humbled to be a part of that group. I'm really excited to start working on everything." Reports also said that the upcoming debut LP of the 17-year-old singer could be released later this year after he finishes his American Idol tour.
For the upcoming record, it is said that Archuleta might put some of his original material on it as in a recent interview with Billboard.com the singer said that he has started to write his own songs. Speaking to Billboard about that news, Archuleta said, "I thought that was really fun to do...I'd like to get into that more. I think this experience on 'American Idol,' trying to figure out what songs work best with your voice and trying to arrange them, has really helped and I'd like to see if I can write some more stuff, because I've only written like three songs all the way."
Previously, Archuleta's competitor, Cook, has already gone ahead in signing with 19 recordings and also prepared to release his new set this fall. For his new album the 25-year-old rocker, also hinted to the press that it will be a rock record. "It'll probably be a rock record. I just want to make a record that's going to make the hair on your neck stand up," Cook said.
- Fragile Yoko Ono Is Hoping to See John Lennon in Heaven
- Beyhive Is on the Hunt for Beyonce's Secret Snapchat Account
- Lionel Richie Puts 'All the Hits Tour' on Hold Due to Knee Surgery
- Did Justin Bieber Just Hint That He's Dating Someone on Twitter?
- Perrie Edwards Sparks Pregnancy Speculation With Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?