David Archuleta Signed to the Same Label as David Cook's
The intriguing battle between two Davids on the recent American Idol seventh season finale, could continue once again outside of the talent show. Both David Archuleta and David Cook seem set to compete in making and selling new albums, after Archuleta has followed Cook's footsteps and signed with the same record label as his rocker buddy which is 19 Recordings.
Commenting about the record deal Archuleta told the press, "Signing a record contract with 19 Recordings/ Jive Records is truly a dream come true. Being a fan of 'American Idol' since season one and admiring the alumni, I am honored and humbled to be a part of that group. I'm really excited to start working on everything." Reports also said that the upcoming debut LP of the 17-year-old singer could be released later this year after he finishes his American Idol tour.
For the upcoming record, it is said that Archuleta might put some of his original material on it as in a recent interview with Billboard.com the singer said that he has started to write his own songs. Speaking to Billboard about that news, Archuleta said, "I thought that was really fun to do...I'd like to get into that more. I think this experience on 'American Idol,' trying to figure out what songs work best with your voice and trying to arrange them, has really helped and I'd like to see if I can write some more stuff, because I've only written like three songs all the way."
Previously, Archuleta's competitor, Cook, has already gone ahead in signing with 19 recordings and also prepared to release his new set this fall. For his new album the 25-year-old rocker, also hinted to the press that it will be a rock record. "It'll probably be a rock record. I just want to make a record that's going to make the hair on your neck stand up," Cook said.
More David Archuleta News
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'