David Archuleta Signed to the Same Label as David Cook's
The intriguing battle between two Davids on the recent American Idol seventh season finale, could continue once again outside of the talent show. Both David Archuleta and David Cook seem set to compete in making and selling new albums, after Archuleta has followed Cook's footsteps and signed with the same record label as his rocker buddy which is 19 Recordings.
Commenting about the record deal Archuleta told the press, "Signing a record contract with 19 Recordings/ Jive Records is truly a dream come true. Being a fan of 'American Idol' since season one and admiring the alumni, I am honored and humbled to be a part of that group. I'm really excited to start working on everything." Reports also said that the upcoming debut LP of the 17-year-old singer could be released later this year after he finishes his American Idol tour.
For the upcoming record, it is said that Archuleta might put some of his original material on it as in a recent interview with Billboard.com the singer said that he has started to write his own songs. Speaking to Billboard about that news, Archuleta said, "I thought that was really fun to do...I'd like to get into that more. I think this experience on 'American Idol,' trying to figure out what songs work best with your voice and trying to arrange them, has really helped and I'd like to see if I can write some more stuff, because I've only written like three songs all the way."
Previously, Archuleta's competitor, Cook, has already gone ahead in signing with 19 recordings and also prepared to release his new set this fall. For his new album the 25-year-old rocker, also hinted to the press that it will be a rock record. "It'll probably be a rock record. I just want to make a record that's going to make the hair on your neck stand up," Cook said.
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier
- Here's Why 'Avengers 4' Doesn't Have a Title Yet
- Gucci Mane Brings Out A$AP Rocky, Chief Keef, 50 Cent and More at Coachella
- Alex Rodriguez Says His Relationship With Jennifer Lopez Is 'Moving in the Right Direction'
- Ed Sheeran May Quit Music Once He Starts a Family
- Drake Denies Impregnating Instagram Model Layla Lace