David Archuleta Signed to the Same Label as David Cook's
The intriguing battle between two Davids on the recent American Idol seventh season finale, could continue once again outside of the talent show. Both David Archuleta and David Cook seem set to compete in making and selling new albums, after Archuleta has followed Cook's footsteps and signed with the same record label as his rocker buddy which is 19 Recordings.
Commenting about the record deal Archuleta told the press, "Signing a record contract with 19 Recordings/ Jive Records is truly a dream come true. Being a fan of 'American Idol' since season one and admiring the alumni, I am honored and humbled to be a part of that group. I'm really excited to start working on everything." Reports also said that the upcoming debut LP of the 17-year-old singer could be released later this year after he finishes his American Idol tour.
For the upcoming record, it is said that Archuleta might put some of his original material on it as in a recent interview with Billboard.com the singer said that he has started to write his own songs. Speaking to Billboard about that news, Archuleta said, "I thought that was really fun to do...I'd like to get into that more. I think this experience on 'American Idol,' trying to figure out what songs work best with your voice and trying to arrange them, has really helped and I'd like to see if I can write some more stuff, because I've only written like three songs all the way."
Previously, Archuleta's competitor, Cook, has already gone ahead in signing with 19 recordings and also prepared to release his new set this fall. For his new album the 25-year-old rocker, also hinted to the press that it will be a rock record. "It'll probably be a rock record. I just want to make a record that's going to make the hair on your neck stand up," Cook said.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby