Avril Lavigne Working with Procter and Gamble to Launch First Fragrance
From a songstress to perfume creator, that's Avril Lavigne. The Canadian songbird has just inked a deal with Procter & Gamble Prestige Products to launch her very first fragrance.
As stated by Heike Hindenlang, who serves as the global marketing director for Procter & Gamble Prestige Products, Avril's scent is expected to hit the stores in the second half of 2009. The scent, still according to Heike, will be directed towards consumers in their early teens.
"Young teenage girls really aspire to Avril and love everything about her," Heike said in a statement. "We think we can reach out to new consumers with her scents. It's about finding which brands appeal to young consumers and [which] fashion and celebrities are resonant with them."
Avril herself said she's very pleased "to be working with Procter & Gamble on releasing my first fragrance. Creating this fragrance is a fun process and I am looking forward to sharing it with everyone."
More Avril Lavigne News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media