Avril Lavigne Working with Procter and Gamble to Launch First Fragrance
From a songstress to perfume creator, that's Avril Lavigne. The Canadian songbird has just inked a deal with Procter & Gamble Prestige Products to launch her very first fragrance.
As stated by Heike Hindenlang, who serves as the global marketing director for Procter & Gamble Prestige Products, Avril's scent is expected to hit the stores in the second half of 2009. The scent, still according to Heike, will be directed towards consumers in their early teens.
"Young teenage girls really aspire to Avril and love everything about her," Heike said in a statement. "We think we can reach out to new consumers with her scents. It's about finding which brands appeal to young consumers and [which] fashion and celebrities are resonant with them."
Avril herself said she's very pleased "to be working with Procter & Gamble on releasing my first fragrance. Creating this fragrance is a fun process and I am looking forward to sharing it with everyone."
More Avril Lavigne News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt