Avril Lavigne Working with Procter and Gamble to Launch First Fragrance
From a songstress to perfume creator, that's Avril Lavigne. The Canadian songbird has just inked a deal with Procter & Gamble Prestige Products to launch her very first fragrance.
As stated by Heike Hindenlang, who serves as the global marketing director for Procter & Gamble Prestige Products, Avril's scent is expected to hit the stores in the second half of 2009. The scent, still according to Heike, will be directed towards consumers in their early teens.
"Young teenage girls really aspire to Avril and love everything about her," Heike said in a statement. "We think we can reach out to new consumers with her scents. It's about finding which brands appeal to young consumers and [which] fashion and celebrities are resonant with them."
Avril herself said she's very pleased "to be working with Procter & Gamble on releasing my first fragrance. Creating this fragrance is a fun process and I am looking forward to sharing it with everyone."
More Avril Lavigne News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris