Avril Lavigne Working with Procter and Gamble to Launch First Fragrance
From a songstress to perfume creator, that's Avril Lavigne. The Canadian songbird has just inked a deal with Procter & Gamble Prestige Products to launch her very first fragrance.
As stated by Heike Hindenlang, who serves as the global marketing director for Procter & Gamble Prestige Products, Avril's scent is expected to hit the stores in the second half of 2009. The scent, still according to Heike, will be directed towards consumers in their early teens.
"Young teenage girls really aspire to Avril and love everything about her," Heike said in a statement. "We think we can reach out to new consumers with her scents. It's about finding which brands appeal to young consumers and [which] fashion and celebrities are resonant with them."
Avril herself said she's very pleased "to be working with Procter & Gamble on releasing my first fragrance. Creating this fragrance is a fun process and I am looking forward to sharing it with everyone."
More Avril Lavigne News
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video