Lil Wayne Holds Top Spot on Billboard Hot 100
After re-claiming its top spot on the Billboard Singles chart last week, it seems that Lil Wayne doesn't want to let it go just yet. This week, the rapper's "Lollipop" still holds its position at #1 with strong contenders still comes from Leona Lewis with her "Bleeding Love" at #2.
The biggest treat that could endanger Wayne's top spot, comes from Coldplay's "Viva La Vida" which climbs 7 places from # 10 to #3. Another big jump on the chart this week, comes from Katy Perry with her song "I Kissed a Girl" that rises from #21-#5.
Continuing the charts, Rihanna's "Take a Bow" still holds of its previous position at #4. The same thing goes to Usher's hit "Love in This Club" featuring Young Jeezy which also keeps its #6 spot. Meanwhile, Jordin Sparks' "No Air" featuring Chris Brown slips from its previous #5 position to #7.
Following Jordin, at #8 Ray J featuring Yung Berg's "Sexy Can I" also drops one place from last week's 7th spot. American Idol's seventh season winner, David Cook's "The Time of My Life" slides 6 places from #3 to #9 this week and the final spot of the top ten charts is acquired by Madonna's "4 Minutes" featuring Justin Timberlake.
Meanwhile, Wayne's success on the chart could be a great boost and promotion for his upcoming new LP's release. The rapper's upcoming sixth studio album titled "Tha Carter III" set to hit the stores on June 10.
More Lil Wayne News
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'