Lil Wayne Holds Top Spot on Billboard Hot 100
After re-claiming its top spot on the Billboard Singles chart last week, it seems that Lil Wayne doesn't want to let it go just yet. This week, the rapper's "Lollipop" still holds its position at #1 with strong contenders still comes from Leona Lewis with her "Bleeding Love" at #2.
The biggest treat that could endanger Wayne's top spot, comes from Coldplay's "Viva La Vida" which climbs 7 places from # 10 to #3. Another big jump on the chart this week, comes from Katy Perry with her song "I Kissed a Girl" that rises from #21-#5.
Continuing the charts, Rihanna's "Take a Bow" still holds of its previous position at #4. The same thing goes to Usher's hit "Love in This Club" featuring Young Jeezy which also keeps its #6 spot. Meanwhile, Jordin Sparks' "No Air" featuring Chris Brown slips from its previous #5 position to #7.
Following Jordin, at #8 Ray J featuring Yung Berg's "Sexy Can I" also drops one place from last week's 7th spot. American Idol's seventh season winner, David Cook's "The Time of My Life" slides 6 places from #3 to #9 this week and the final spot of the top ten charts is acquired by Madonna's "4 Minutes" featuring Justin Timberlake.
Meanwhile, Wayne's success on the chart could be a great boost and promotion for his upcoming new LP's release. The rapper's upcoming sixth studio album titled "Tha Carter III" set to hit the stores on June 10.
More Lil Wayne News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns