Britney Spears Tapped by The Pussycat Dolls on New Video
Although still busy finishing the recording for her new studio album, Britney Spears managed to spare a little bit of her time to shoot a video clip. Only this time it won't be for her own music video but for The Pussycat Dolls' "When I Grow Up".
The news was reported by Usmagazine.com that said that the pop singer's scene won't be that much as she only appears as cameo. Moreover, a source who told the website also stated that the shooting for Britney's scene has been done on Wednesday, June 4, in Burbank, Calif. "In the scene shot, Britney is driving in a car. They all wave at each other as they are passing in traffic-that is it. It is genius and you will love it!," the source said.
Even though it is only a short cameo appearance and the singer didn't even interact directly with the Dolls, the source claimed that Britney was having a great time, as quoted saying, "It is a very short sequence, but she had a lot of fun with it." The insider then also revealed the reason the pop diva decided to accept that role, stating, "Britney really likes the Dolls' music and when she saw them on the MTV, she was totally down to do the video."
Britney herself reportedly has just started the recording works for the follow up to "Blackout". But according to a source close to the singer, the new album's process is still "in the experimental stages."
Meanwhile, the Dolls themselves have also shot their part for the new video, where the girls will be seen singing in a blue convertible chevy impala. "They are singing and in traffic- looking hot," the source said.
"When I Grow Up" is being set as the group's first single from their upcoming studio LP "To Those Who Wait", due to out on August 5. To promote the single, the Dolls have previously performed it on Jimmy Kimmell Live! on May 20 and MTV Movie Awards on June 1.
More Britney Spears News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen