'Transformers 2' Title Unearthed, Becoming 'Revenge of the Fallen'
With the kicking off of the production, buzzes around the production of "Transformers" sequel hyphened up. On Thursday, May 5, DreamWorks and Hasbro announced the official title of the sci-fi action sequel. The Michael Bay-directed movie will be known as "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen".
Along with the outing of the name, it is also revealed that a key character from the first movie will be making a dramatic comeback for a revenge. Some online publications suggested that if observed from the title, it is possible that Megatron, the fallen Decepticon leader, is the one who is going to be brought back to the follow-up movie. On the similar speculation on which robot reappearing on the sequel, earlier it is rumored that autobot Jazz will be raised from the death.
In other "Transformers" sequel news, previously Bay told MTV that this follow-up tidbit will not be a set up for the third film and insisted that it will be "self-contained". "You know how those sequels they do the second one so you go see the third one? ["Transformers 2"] is it," explained the filmmaker. "First one was just introducing, setting up stuff, so we can go a lot farther. Let's just say [this] is not a lame sequel."
"Transformers 2" will see some of its original cast ensemble back reprising their roles, including Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson, and introduce new members, such as Rainn Wilson and Matthew Marsden. The movie is currently undergoing the filming which has begun since June 2 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. It is expected to be finished before its theatrical debut on June 26.
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene