'Transformers 2' Title Unearthed, Becoming 'Revenge of the Fallen'
With the kicking off of the production, buzzes around the production of "Transformers" sequel hyphened up. On Thursday, May 5, DreamWorks and Hasbro announced the official title of the sci-fi action sequel. The Michael Bay-directed movie will be known as "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen".
Along with the outing of the name, it is also revealed that a key character from the first movie will be making a dramatic comeback for a revenge. Some online publications suggested that if observed from the title, it is possible that Megatron, the fallen Decepticon leader, is the one who is going to be brought back to the follow-up movie. On the similar speculation on which robot reappearing on the sequel, earlier it is rumored that autobot Jazz will be raised from the death.
In other "Transformers" sequel news, previously Bay told MTV that this follow-up tidbit will not be a set up for the third film and insisted that it will be "self-contained". "You know how those sequels they do the second one so you go see the third one? ["Transformers 2"] is it," explained the filmmaker. "First one was just introducing, setting up stuff, so we can go a lot farther. Let's just say [this] is not a lame sequel."
"Transformers 2" will see some of its original cast ensemble back reprising their roles, including Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson, and introduce new members, such as Rainn Wilson and Matthew Marsden. The movie is currently undergoing the filming which has begun since June 2 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. It is expected to be finished before its theatrical debut on June 26.
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters