Paramount Planning on 'Star Trek' Sequel
Most people know that the science fiction movie about the adventure faced by the crew of USS Enterprise crew members "Star Trek" won't be coming out until May 8, 2009. Still, it seems that the fact doesn't stop Paramount Pictures from planning a sequel. Recently, it is unearthed that the studio have expressed their interest on securing the writers to do the follow-up.
Revealing the matter to TrekMovie, "Star Trek" co-scripter Roberto Orci confessed that he and fellow writer Alex Kurtzman have been approached by the studio. "...I can give you a spoiler about the Studio's state of mind (not about the movie itself)," noted the co-scribbler of "Transformers". "The spoiler is that they already want to lock us down to write the sequel. Take that as you will." Still, Orci stated that detailed discussions about it have yet to be made.
"Star Trek" is another movie project by filmmaker J.J. Abrams. It is the eleventh movie spawning from the successful television series originated in 1960s. This movie is said to be chronicling the early years of James T. Kirk and the Enterprise crew members at Starfleet Academy. It features the likes of Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Winona Ryder, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin, Eric Bana, Leonard Nimoy and Tyler Perry.
More Star Trek News
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood