Paramount Planning on 'Star Trek' Sequel
Most people know that the science fiction movie about the adventure faced by the crew of USS Enterprise crew members "Star Trek" won't be coming out until May 8, 2009. Still, it seems that the fact doesn't stop Paramount Pictures from planning a sequel. Recently, it is unearthed that the studio have expressed their interest on securing the writers to do the follow-up.
Revealing the matter to TrekMovie, "Star Trek" co-scripter Roberto Orci confessed that he and fellow writer Alex Kurtzman have been approached by the studio. "...I can give you a spoiler about the Studio's state of mind (not about the movie itself)," noted the co-scribbler of "Transformers". "The spoiler is that they already want to lock us down to write the sequel. Take that as you will." Still, Orci stated that detailed discussions about it have yet to be made.
"Star Trek" is another movie project by filmmaker J.J. Abrams. It is the eleventh movie spawning from the successful television series originated in 1960s. This movie is said to be chronicling the early years of James T. Kirk and the Enterprise crew members at Starfleet Academy. It features the likes of Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Winona Ryder, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin, Eric Bana, Leonard Nimoy and Tyler Perry.
More Star Trek News
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet