Paramount Planning on 'Star Trek' Sequel
Most people know that the science fiction movie about the adventure faced by the crew of USS Enterprise crew members "Star Trek" won't be coming out until May 8, 2009. Still, it seems that the fact doesn't stop Paramount Pictures from planning a sequel. Recently, it is unearthed that the studio have expressed their interest on securing the writers to do the follow-up.
Revealing the matter to TrekMovie, "Star Trek" co-scripter Roberto Orci confessed that he and fellow writer Alex Kurtzman have been approached by the studio. "...I can give you a spoiler about the Studio's state of mind (not about the movie itself)," noted the co-scribbler of "Transformers". "The spoiler is that they already want to lock us down to write the sequel. Take that as you will." Still, Orci stated that detailed discussions about it have yet to be made.
"Star Trek" is another movie project by filmmaker J.J. Abrams. It is the eleventh movie spawning from the successful television series originated in 1960s. This movie is said to be chronicling the early years of James T. Kirk and the Enterprise crew members at Starfleet Academy. It features the likes of Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Winona Ryder, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin, Eric Bana, Leonard Nimoy and Tyler Perry.
More Star Trek News
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia
- 'Psychopath' Sulli Gets Blasted for Biting Her Cat
- New Romance? Shirtless Justin Bieber Enjoys Romantic Hike With This Model
- Comic-Con: 'Westworld' Season 2 Trailer Is Violence Galore
- Pics: Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless, Parades Impressive Bum in Thong Bikini
- Song Joong Ki Reveals He Told Song Hye Kyo to Announce Their Wedding Due to Groundless Rumors