Paramount Planning on 'Star Trek' Sequel
Most people know that the science fiction movie about the adventure faced by the crew of USS Enterprise crew members "Star Trek" won't be coming out until May 8, 2009. Still, it seems that the fact doesn't stop Paramount Pictures from planning a sequel. Recently, it is unearthed that the studio have expressed their interest on securing the writers to do the follow-up.
Revealing the matter to TrekMovie, "Star Trek" co-scripter Roberto Orci confessed that he and fellow writer Alex Kurtzman have been approached by the studio. "...I can give you a spoiler about the Studio's state of mind (not about the movie itself)," noted the co-scribbler of "Transformers". "The spoiler is that they already want to lock us down to write the sequel. Take that as you will." Still, Orci stated that detailed discussions about it have yet to be made.
"Star Trek" is another movie project by filmmaker J.J. Abrams. It is the eleventh movie spawning from the successful television series originated in 1960s. This movie is said to be chronicling the early years of James T. Kirk and the Enterprise crew members at Starfleet Academy. It features the likes of Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Winona Ryder, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin, Eric Bana, Leonard Nimoy and Tyler Perry.
More Star Trek News
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'