Weezer to Jam With Fans on Hootenanny Tour
Alternative rock band Weezer are set to give a special and rare treatment for their fans on their upcoming tour. Speaking to MTV, the band reveal that they will ask their devotees to jam with them live on stage at the band's Hootenanny Tour.
Confirming the news, the rockers frontman Rivers Cuomo said, "We're going to go on a tour. It's called the Hootenanny Tour, and it's coming to your town in June. We're gonna bring ourselves and invite a bunch of Weezer fans down to bring their instruments and, uh, jam with us. I don't know, 100, 200 people, whatever. Everyone come down and bring an instrument - whatever you can play - and we'll jam out on our songs." Meanwhile, the tour itself is being held to promote Weezer's new album "Weezer (Red Album)", which has been outed on June 3.
Unfortunately, the band haven't set an official date yet for their upcoming Hootenanny Tour. Moreover, following the Hootenanny, Rivers also hinted that they will also stage other concerts which include a stop in Japan. "Then, in September, we're touring Japan, and in October we'll be touring the U.S., probably in the big rock arenas," Rivers said.
The band's new LP itself was actually being planned to be released on June 15, but the rock act and their label decided to push up the release date to June 3 because the success of their first single "Pork & Beans". The song that was first aired via KROQ radio on April 15, became #1 on the Billboard Hot Modern Rock Chart.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'