Weezer to Jam With Fans on Hootenanny Tour
Alternative rock band Weezer are set to give a special and rare treatment for their fans on their upcoming tour. Speaking to MTV, the band reveal that they will ask their devotees to jam with them live on stage at the band's Hootenanny Tour.
Confirming the news, the rockers frontman Rivers Cuomo said, "We're going to go on a tour. It's called the Hootenanny Tour, and it's coming to your town in June. We're gonna bring ourselves and invite a bunch of Weezer fans down to bring their instruments and, uh, jam with us. I don't know, 100, 200 people, whatever. Everyone come down and bring an instrument - whatever you can play - and we'll jam out on our songs." Meanwhile, the tour itself is being held to promote Weezer's new album "Weezer (Red Album)", which has been outed on June 3.
Unfortunately, the band haven't set an official date yet for their upcoming Hootenanny Tour. Moreover, following the Hootenanny, Rivers also hinted that they will also stage other concerts which include a stop in Japan. "Then, in September, we're touring Japan, and in October we'll be touring the U.S., probably in the big rock arenas," Rivers said.
The band's new LP itself was actually being planned to be released on June 15, but the rock act and their label decided to push up the release date to June 3 because the success of their first single "Pork & Beans". The song that was first aired via KROQ radio on April 15, became #1 on the Billboard Hot Modern Rock Chart.
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance