Video Premiere: Solange Knowles' 'I Decided'
The long awaited music video for Solange Knowles' "I Decided" has just got its official world premiere via BET on June 4, 2008 at 8:30 P.M. ET. The clip was directed by Melina, who previously has worked with other famous musicians such as Beyonce Knowles, Eve and Kylie Minogue.
The new video is very unique as it captured the evolution of the pop culture starting from the '60s to the future. On the clip Solange was seen singing in different types of setting, starting from an American Bandstand, then went on to the Civil Rights Movement, to New Wave era and finally ended on a Cosmic Journey future.
Meanwhile, the single itself was taken from Solange's upcoming LP "Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams", to be outed on August 26. The new song is also being set as the first official single from the record and has been released on April 22.
Aside from her new video premiere, bad news has just arrived for the singer as she has just broken her leg at her "Art of Love" tour staged in Kansas City on June 1. The tragic incident happened after a large piece of metal fell on from the doorway to her foot as she was about to enter the stage.
Despite her pain, Solange decided to continue on performing that night although she has to hold of the injury for the entire gig. It was after the concert, that she really learned that her leg was really broken after the singer checked it out at the local hospital. Although her foot is broken, the R 'n' B singer reportedly will still continue her remaining tour by sitting on a stool.
Solange Knowles' "I Decided" Video Premiere:
More Solange Knowles News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed