Video Premiere: Solange Knowles' 'I Decided'
The long awaited music video for Solange Knowles' "I Decided" has just got its official world premiere via BET on June 4, 2008 at 8:30 P.M. ET. The clip was directed by Melina, who previously has worked with other famous musicians such as Beyonce Knowles, Eve and Kylie Minogue.
The new video is very unique as it captured the evolution of the pop culture starting from the '60s to the future. On the clip Solange was seen singing in different types of setting, starting from an American Bandstand, then went on to the Civil Rights Movement, to New Wave era and finally ended on a Cosmic Journey future.
Meanwhile, the single itself was taken from Solange's upcoming LP "Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams", to be outed on August 26. The new song is also being set as the first official single from the record and has been released on April 22.
Aside from her new video premiere, bad news has just arrived for the singer as she has just broken her leg at her "Art of Love" tour staged in Kansas City on June 1. The tragic incident happened after a large piece of metal fell on from the doorway to her foot as she was about to enter the stage.
Despite her pain, Solange decided to continue on performing that night although she has to hold of the injury for the entire gig. It was after the concert, that she really learned that her leg was really broken after the singer checked it out at the local hospital. Although her foot is broken, the R 'n' B singer reportedly will still continue her remaining tour by sitting on a stool.
Solange Knowles' "I Decided" Video Premiere:
More Solange Knowles News
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'