Video Premiere: Solange Knowles' 'I Decided'
The long awaited music video for Solange Knowles' "I Decided" has just got its official world premiere via BET on June 4, 2008 at 8:30 P.M. ET. The clip was directed by Melina, who previously has worked with other famous musicians such as Beyonce Knowles, Eve and Kylie Minogue.
The new video is very unique as it captured the evolution of the pop culture starting from the '60s to the future. On the clip Solange was seen singing in different types of setting, starting from an American Bandstand, then went on to the Civil Rights Movement, to New Wave era and finally ended on a Cosmic Journey future.
Meanwhile, the single itself was taken from Solange's upcoming LP "Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams", to be outed on August 26. The new song is also being set as the first official single from the record and has been released on April 22.
Aside from her new video premiere, bad news has just arrived for the singer as she has just broken her leg at her "Art of Love" tour staged in Kansas City on June 1. The tragic incident happened after a large piece of metal fell on from the doorway to her foot as she was about to enter the stage.
Despite her pain, Solange decided to continue on performing that night although she has to hold of the injury for the entire gig. It was after the concert, that she really learned that her leg was really broken after the singer checked it out at the local hospital. Although her foot is broken, the R 'n' B singer reportedly will still continue her remaining tour by sitting on a stool.
Solange Knowles' "I Decided" Video Premiere:
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test