Video Premiere: Solange Knowles' 'I Decided'
The long awaited music video for Solange Knowles' "I Decided" has just got its official world premiere via BET on June 4, 2008 at 8:30 P.M. ET. The clip was directed by Melina, who previously has worked with other famous musicians such as Beyonce Knowles, Eve and Kylie Minogue.
The new video is very unique as it captured the evolution of the pop culture starting from the '60s to the future. On the clip Solange was seen singing in different types of setting, starting from an American Bandstand, then went on to the Civil Rights Movement, to New Wave era and finally ended on a Cosmic Journey future.
Meanwhile, the single itself was taken from Solange's upcoming LP "Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams", to be outed on August 26. The new song is also being set as the first official single from the record and has been released on April 22.
Aside from her new video premiere, bad news has just arrived for the singer as she has just broken her leg at her "Art of Love" tour staged in Kansas City on June 1. The tragic incident happened after a large piece of metal fell on from the doorway to her foot as she was about to enter the stage.
Despite her pain, Solange decided to continue on performing that night although she has to hold of the injury for the entire gig. It was after the concert, that she really learned that her leg was really broken after the singer checked it out at the local hospital. Although her foot is broken, the R 'n' B singer reportedly will still continue her remaining tour by sitting on a stool.
Solange Knowles' "I Decided" Video Premiere:
More Solange Knowles News
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie