'Awful' Lily Allen Addressed Her Drunk Incident
Lily Allen turned heads not only when she arrived at the annual Glamour Women of the Year Awards on Tuesday, June 3 but also on her departure. The London event witnessed the pop singer coming in bright pink hair and elegant soft pink dress but going out too drunk to even walk on her own. Allen has since addressed the incident and apologized for the behavior.
The "Smile" singer insisted that she felt "awful" about the embarrassing situation and suggested that other kids should not do the same. In her MySpace blog Allen wrote, "Last time I wrote here, I was defending my honor and dignity, explaining my innocence and also outrage at the press for insinuating my behavior (sunbathing topless while on holiday) was embarrassing." She then added, "This time I'm putting my hands up, I got very drunk last night, too drunk. It's not cool getting that drunk, I feel awful..."
Giving advice to others, Allen continued, "Kids, drink responsibly or you'll end up looking like this, not pretty!" but ended it on a high note: "Was quite fun though, from what I can remember."
Allen was there to present Editor's Special Award but she apparently had too much drink that she was unable to balance herself. On her way out, the singer who was half-conscious was carried by hand by a bodyguard in order to enter her ride. Several shutterbugs who were there then took the opportunity to snap the moments.
This would not be the first episode of Allen being drunk in public as it was reported that she ended up intoxicated after attending Cannes Film Festival in May and passed out in a taxi.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March