Dad Denies Splitting Jessica Simpson and Tony Romo
Daddy factor apparently has something to do with the breakup of Jessica Simpson and American quarterback Tony Romo. A report on US Weekly insinuated that the singer's father slash manager Joe has been interfering with their love life that ended in their split last month. However, Joe was quick to deny the allegation.
In attempt to push out the truth, Joe told the publication, "It's unfair to criticize me for what every manager does for his or her clients. And in this business, where people can quickly turn on you, who better than a parent to be working for his children?" Joe has been managing Jessica and her younger sister, Ashlee Simpson's careers for years. He added, "A parent will always be there for his kids and never give up on them. I work hard seven days a week for my girls because I love them. Why in the world would I ever want to do anything that would hurt my children?"
Previously, the article suggested that Tony was sick of Joe meddling with their romance and decided to quit rather than dealing with him. It was claimed that Joe was ready to sell the exclusive story of their engagement which Tony did not like and anticipated with an ultimatum for Jessica. The footballer allegedly wanted her to stop her father from meddling in or he will step out of the game.
Despite the split reports, it was never confirmed that Jessica has called off her relationship with Tony.
More Jessica Simpson News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'