Production of Scarlett Johansson's 'Queen of Scots' Halted
Though the fate of actors strike is still marked with a big question mark, the possibility of its occurrence is enough to scare off many Hollywood filmmakers in gearing up the production of their movies in this waiting period. To avoid any problem resulting from the strike, most filmmakers decided to push back their films' production date until after the June 30 expiration date of the SAG contract and that is exactly what happens with "Mary Queen of Scots".
Recently, news coming from the drama movie starring Hollywood beauty Scarlett Johansson suggested that the production of the tidbit has come to a hold. On Saturday, May 31, the production company behind the flick has confirmed the postponing of the filming that was scheduled to be taken in Ireland sometime in June amid fears of the impending strike, especially with Johansson being one of the SAG members. On the delaying, Element Pictures' spokesperson explained, "With strike action involving the Screen Actors Guild looming we are waiting to see what happens. We are hoping that things get resolved in the next few weeks."
"Queen of Scots" is a Phillip Noyce's film chronicling the life and short sovereignty of Scotland Queen, Mary I. The movie set for 2008 release is said to focus on her personal and political relationship with her rival, Queen Elizabeth I of England that leads to her imprisonment and later beheading.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed